Bassendean/Guildford VFRS

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Bassendean/Guildford VFRS

Post by Robo »

Sorry fire chief but no west swan member lives in wanneroo.

Also west swan was once a great station but with the introduction of ellenbrook, west swan gets forgotten about.

They don't have an area anymore and are classed as a regional resource, however when the Margaret river incident happened they had crews ready but did not get a call.

They are being managed extremely badly by FESA.

All in all a good crew though.
Gohie

Post by Gohie »

Thanks everyone - this has been one on the more interesting and 'entertaining' threads to follow recently. Really shows all potential volunteers how we all are volunteering for the altruistic purpose of helping the community and working as 'one'. All I am sensing are the ever present apparent issues such as 'FRS vs. Volunteers' and "my brigade is better than your brigade". As the saying goes 'those in glass houses.....".
Acide

Post by Acide »

Gohie wrote:Thanks everyone - this has been one on the more interesting and 'entertaining' threads to follow recently. Really shows all potential volunteers how we all are volunteering for the altruistic purpose of helping the community and working as 'one'. All I am sensing are the ever present apparent issues such as 'FRS vs. Volunteers' and "my brigade is better than your brigade". As the saying goes 'those in glass houses.....".

Last edited by Acide on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

one one has put any other brigade down all that was said was the you will most probably get more action as a bushie then a vollie frs thats all i have repect for all our other fire'ie career and vollies
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
Kempa

Post by Kempa »

Think of it like the defence forces. Army, Navy, Airforce. they all love to talk BS about each other and think that their own core/unit is the best but at the end of the day when the jobs on thats what matters and they work together and support each other.

Ill happily work along side red, white, blue, green, purple trucks as long as i know the guys have got my back and which im confident is the case. but once you've been a member for a while your going to develop loyalty and pride in your brigade which is important and thats what most of this would be about. im sure if we were standing at the salvo truck talking about this there would be a bit more colourful language but plenty of laughing involved. It can be very easy to mis interperate and get overly defensive (my bad SgtSeedy your intial comment was misinterperated as a slag off of VFRS) with out being able to express tone in a chat forum. everyone is going to want you to join their brigade because quite simply they have had great experiences, enjoy the company of their mates in the brigade and think theirs is the best.

No doubt if your happy to drive to training and maintenence nights at a bushy brigade you'll see more action but if you have to go past a VFRS brigade to get to a BFS brigade make sense to join the VFRS to me.
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Gohie wrote:Thanks everyone - this has been one on the more interesting and 'entertaining' threads to follow recently. Really shows all potential volunteers how we all are volunteering for the altruistic purpose of helping the community and working as 'one'. All I am sensing are the ever present apparent issues such as 'FRS vs. Volunteers' and "my brigade is better than your brigade". As the saying goes 'those in glass houses.....".
The question was asked and answered. If you don't like the responses, sorry. That's what it's like to a certain degree.

Kempa explains it pretty well. There is no real hate just pride in ones own brigade/field etc.

I am originally from Sydney and I can tell you the NSW fire brigade don't have much good to say about the Rural Fire Service. I have seen near punch ups at incidents. But 20 mins later when the sh*t is hitting the fan they are working side by side.

Don't look at it like slagging off. It's more a friendly rivalry.
Gohie

Post by Gohie »

Thanks Robo. Misquoted again..I never said I didn't 'like the answers given'. I said it gives Acide a sense of what is the may be the wrong undertone as opposed to what is a wonderful service and fulfilling individual experience. Love the friendly rivalry.
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Gohie wrote:Thanks Robo. Misquoted again..I never said I didn't 'like the answers given'. I said it gives Acide a sense of what is the may be the wrong undertone as opposed to what is a wonderful service and fulfilling individual experience. Love the friendly rivalry.
If your a volley from bully you should know about friendly/at times not so friendly rivalry with the other swan brigades such as east and west swan. :)

There is no real reason for it but it's been going on for years. But at a big fire you would have no idea there is a rivalry at all.

It's all good..
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

BA and Structural training are not only available to VFRS members. Structural courses are available for BFS members at both Forrestfield (FESA) and Mundaring Fire School. Forrestfield also offers BA training to BFS members from brigades that are BA equipped (and there are a few).

If anyone can show me a document that says there is a defined distance, within which a member must reside, from a BFS brigade i would like to see it. I am not aware of any such restriction and would expect a person could apply to join any brigade they wish (as long as they can meet that brigade's particular membership requirements). Of couse the simple reality is that the further from the station you are the less likely you are to be involved in first turn-outs.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

Kempa wrote:Ill happily work along side red, white, blue, green, purple trucks as long as i know the guys have got my back and which im confident is the case.
Hey Kempa,
If your seeing blue,green and purple trucks, your BA isnt on tight enough at those meth labs jobs!
:lol:
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

philby wrote:
Kempa wrote:Ill happily work along side red, white, blue, green, purple trucks as long as i know the guys have got my back and which im confident is the case.
Hey Kempa,
If your seeing blue,green and purple trucks, your BA isnt on tight enough at those meth labs jobs!
:lol:
http://www.firefighter-emt.com/archives ... be-red.php

I think you get the same kind of rivalry over here between MFB and CFA. From the outside it can look and sound pretty awful but at an incident I've never seen or heard of it getting agro. Go for it mate, you won't regret it.
Geneva

Post by Geneva »

Is there anyone out there who would be able to PM me the appropriate contact details for West Swan or advise me of the best way to go about getting in touch with the appropriate person/s within the brigade?
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

Kempa wrote:Think of it like the defence forces. Army, Navy, Airforce. they all love to talk BS about each other and think that their own core/unit is the best but at the end of the day when the jobs on thats what matters and they work together and support each other.

Ill happily work along side red, white, blue, green, purple trucks as long as i know the guys have got my back and which im confident is the case. but once you've been a member for a while your going to develop loyalty and pride in your brigade which is important and thats what most of this would be about. im sure if we were standing at the salvo truck talking about this there would be a bit more colourful language but plenty of laughing involved. It can be very easy to mis interperate and get overly defensive (my bad SgtSeedy your intial comment was misinterperated as a slag off of VFRS) with out being able to express tone in a chat forum. everyone is going to want you to join their brigade because quite simply they have had great experiences, enjoy the company of their mates in the brigade and think theirs is the best.

No doubt if your happy to drive to training and maintenence nights at a bushy brigade you'll see more action but if you have to go past a VFRS brigade to get to a BFS brigade make sense to join the VFRS to me.

you hit it right on the head =D>
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Geneva wrote:Is there anyone out there who would be able to PM me the appropriate contact details for West Swan or advise me of the best way to go about getting in touch with the appropriate person/s within the brigade?
http://frsvols.asn.au/wp/?page_id=596
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

WPXZBP wrote:
Geneva wrote:Is there anyone out there who would be able to PM me the appropriate contact details for West Swan or advise me of the best way to go about getting in touch with the appropriate person/s within the brigade?
http://frsvols.asn.au/wp/?page_id=596
That's all old info unfortunately.

Someone will have to sort the contact details.