DBA's and FESA ComCen

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

jezza

DBA's and FESA ComCen

Post by jezza »

Just a question regarding DBA's.

I happen to live in a building which is fitted with a DBA, and as my role as a fire warden it's my job to find the source of every DBA which happens.

As you may imagine, DBAs happen on a semi-reguluar basis, I and see the boys from Shenton Park on a semi-reguluar basis. Also, in my time as a Vollie I happen to have obatined the number for FESA ComCen.

My question is this: if a DBA occurs and I have assertained that is it a false alarm, would it be kosher for me to call FESA ComCen and inform them that the DBA is a false alarm, and possibly cancel the responding applicances? Or will they tell me politely where to stick it?

If anybody within FESA has any info, that would be appreciated!

Thanks.
ace of spades

Re: DBA's and FESA ComCen

Post by ace of spades »

Yes you can ring the com centre and tell them that it is a false alarm. Most times the number is near the FIP. The appliance dispatched to the incident will now come normal rd conditions (no lights and sirens) and if there is back up then they will be stood down. Every DBA must be attended by a crew thus if you say they are not needed then they may say politely that the incoming appliance must attend.
jezza

Re: DBA's and FESA ComCen

Post by jezza »

Thank you, I'll be doing that next time!