AO11912 is a cocksucker

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Wazza Y

Re: FIRE 4 HIRE

Post by Wazza Y »

Not a bad idea but as far as controlled burns go I'm not to sure a Heavy Pumper is such a great idea as a fair majority of controlled burns are done on properties that require 4WD to access them.
I'm assuming he would be either ex FRS or Volly so would have all the proper qualifications and training through FESA
B37fire

Re: FIRE 4 HIRE

Post by B37fire »

He is a volly looking at his website. I agree I cannot see his appliance being of much use for hazard reduction burning. I would love to see his insurance before engaging him to do a HR burn on my property!!

As an incident controller of an incident I would be hesitant of using his appliance for firefighting activities although I know I would be covered by the Bushfires Act to do so. I dont think he would be covered in the metro under the Fire Brigades Act. I would not pay him for firefighting assistance at an incident as it would set a precidence and every man an his dog would rock up at incidents with a slip on expecting to be paid.