Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2011/2012

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2011/2012

Post by Mug »

2nd Alarm Scrub Armadale Senior High School
Armadale 1st and 2nd
Maddington
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
illusion

Post by illusion »

2nd alarm scrub fire mandurah road x day road Rockingham
Rockingham 1st 2nd
Hope valley
Requested helitacs On ch 644
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

If I caught it right, East Gigee turning out to reports of smoke. Apparently call came from Melbourne Air Control, which was reported by a plane departing YPPH
ironbark

Post by ironbark »

I think that would be correct as the ATC out of Melbourne and Brisbane cover 90% of Australia's airspace.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

ironbark wrote:I think that would be correct as the ATC out of Melbourne and Brisbane cover 90% of Australia's airspace.
yep, everything except for Control Towers, and Approach airspace is controlled from Melbourne/Brisbane.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

6-6
Armadale Road x Tonkin Highway 1300
Armadale 1st
Armadale 2nd
Maddington 2.4 1312

i believe its under control

Running fire has been extinguished mopping up

Armadale 2nd and Maddington have been released

Armadale 1st Made up and reterning to station.
Last edited by hold3n on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
ironbark

Post by ironbark »

Armadale 3rd will be the spare 'summer' light tanker based out of Armadale, used for driver training with the CFRS and burning off with the VFRS but is manned by the VFRS for jobs - and they do a bloody good job out that way too! Good on ya buddah and the lads.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

not sure this is the right oplace to discuss that but Buddah is in arm 2nd 3rd is aditional crew can admin move this convosation to general
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

hold3n wrote:...Buddah is in arm 2nd 3rd is aditional crew...
Technically it's Armadale 3rd Light Tanker (as Armadale 1st and Armadale 2nd each have a light tanker) and refers to just one vehicle, not an additional brigade/unit/crew. As mentioned by ironbark this vehicle is sometimes crewed by Armadale 2nd including Buddah and his fellow crew.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

ironbark wrote:Armadale 3rd will be the spare 'summer' light tanker based out of Armadale, used for driver training with the CFRS and burning off with the VFRS but is manned by the VFRS for jobs - and they do a bloody good job out that way too! Good on ya buddah and the lads.
This is correct. The 3rd LT is crew by volunteers unless it is required to be crewed by career staff for extreme and above fire danger ( depending on avalible career staff on the relife pool or if they issue call backs) then it is mobilized with arm 1st. The rest of the time it is mobilized with Arm 2nd or can be sent out on its own to be part of strike teams or taskforse teams.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

BuddahFRS wrote:
ironbark wrote:Armadale 3rd will be the spare 'summer' light tanker based out of Armadale, used for driver training with the CFRS and burning off with the VFRS but is manned by the VFRS for jobs - and they do a bloody good job out that way too! Good on ya buddah and the lads.
This is correct. The 3rd LT is crew by volunteers unless it is required to be crewed by career staff for extreme and above fire danger ( depending on avalible career staff on the relife pool or if they issue call backs) then it is mobilized with arm 1st. The rest of the time it is mobilized with Arm 2nd or can be sent out on its own to be part of strike teams or taskforse teams.
umm that was blonde. i was told that it was diferant Crew sorry for misleading infomation.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

hold3n wrote:
BuddahFRS wrote:
umm that was blonde. i was told that it was diferant Crew sorry for misleading infomation.
It's all good don't stress hey. I bet it gets confusing for many People :)
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Does anyone know where the large fire is out in the country? Large plume of smoke towards the Tooday area.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Helitak_670 wrote:Does anyone know where the large fire is out in the country? Large plume of smoke towards the Tooday area.
Nothing heard yet Helitak - did hear early this morning York heading to continue mop up, but didnt catch where??

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
colin
150+ posts
150+ posts
Amateur callsign: VK6FITN
Scanners and Receivers: RTL2832U with RTL_Airband
Tait 8200

Post by colin »

Haven't heard on the northam stream.... but wouldn't hear toodyay on that.
Colin.