W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

3.4 Appliances are essentially the same as 2.4s - the main difference is they carry 3000L of water. They come in two forms, Rural (3.4R) and Urban (3.4U).

This is Wagin's 3.4 Urban Tanker.

Mount Magnet VFRS has a 3.4U too.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Country Pumpers (CP) are one of the two main replacement appliances for VFRS Mazda Light Pumpers. They have 1250L of water, a large pump (2800L/m @ 7 Bar) for boosting capabilities and carry rescue gear.

Albany VFRS has a Country Pumper
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Hazmat, Structural, Rescue appliances (HSR) are the other main replacement appliances for VFRS Mazda Light Pumpers. The old GPA (General Purpose Appliance) designation has been replaced by HSR. With an operating crew of six (6), it carries the necessary equipment to the fireground, where it can be used to pump water from the 1450L tank, open water and street mains. The vehicle is suitable for larger townsite protection, is capable of carrying Breathing Apparatus and is also an ideal support appliance for broadacre/rural/bush fire fighting. The HSR also carries rescue gear so can be used at vehicle accidents. It has a smaller pump than the Country Pumper (1850L/M @ 7 Bar) so it's not really suitable for boosting.

Dampier received the first HSR. A number of changes were made for subsequent HSRs.

Walpole VFRS received their HSR in 2007.
Last edited by WPXZBP on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

wes,

Even comparing the two photos there is a few easy to pick differences.
Dampiers pump looks better in the pump panel. The hook for the hose reel is better placed as well as the small locker to the right side of the hose reel.

When you compare with the walpole pump the branch on the hosereel seems very high placed like it is and its no longer fited with teh locker.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Hi bomber

One of the ways in which Walpole's HSR is different is in the front nearside locker. They have reduced the width of the pump panel and added in a slide-out rack onto which are placed a number of items such as branches, adaptors etc. A number of changes were suggestions from FRS volunteers.

The pump panel.

The slide-out rack.

I do note that the off-side exhaust outlet has been moved so it sits between two lockers. Previously if you were getting something from the locker it was sitting where your crotch is. :shock: :smt119
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

I see it has a Waterous pump. Any idea what model, Wes?
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Wes,

any of the rescue locker ?.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Fastlane wrote:I see it has a Waterous pump. Any idea what model, Wes?
No mate, sorry. I zoomed in on my pics as much as I could but no go on detail. I might need to make another visit there. ;)
bomber wrote:Wes,

any of the rescue locker ?.
Only of the prototype. I know that it has changed since then. It now has a slide-out, drop down configuration for the "Jaws" and that there is no space for the Ritch gear. (The AM for Walpole VFRS told them to take it off the RT and leave it at the station in case of big emergencies. A wise move methinks!)
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Why do they leave the spotlight covers on?

Surely with the truck parked in the station they do not need to be on and would take up some (not very much) time during a firecall - that is if you remember to take them off before you leave the station and not have to pull up down the road and jump out and take them off.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

Toottoot wrote:Why do they leave the spotlight covers on?

Surely with the truck parked in the station they do not need to be on and would take up some (not very much) time during a firecall - that is if you remember to take them off before you leave the station and not have to pull up down the road and jump out and take them off.
i think the majority of appliances in the pics are brand new and havent been commisioned yet so they havent been to any jobs,
also that country pump has an extremely large back end for an isuzu

anyone know when the vfrs metro hsrs are getting replaced??

chris
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

chrissss wrote:
There is no plan in place for this. We have asked but no date. I beleive ours is not being replaced atleast until 2010 and i think ours was one of the very first. But who knows the truck gods do weird things
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

bomber wrote:
chrissss wrote:
There is no plan in place for this. We have asked but no date. I beleive ours is not being replaced atleast until 2010 and i think ours was one of the very first. But who knows the truck gods do weird things
yes,yes they do
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Toottoot wrote:Why do they leave the spotlight covers on?

The appliances featured with covered spotlights had either not been handed over to the Brigade (ie Mt Magnet 3.4, Dampier HSR) and were there for display purposes or had only just been handed over and the Members were being trained on its use (ie Walpole HSR) and they hadn't removed the covers yet. Both are valid reasons.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Ahhhhh. OK thanks
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

WPXZBP wrote:There's already a bunch of pics and details of appliances online - click here and here and/or here.
wat eva happened o the icv pictured in the 2nd here lot of photos?

why dont they replace belmont with this??

chris