Significant bush/scrub fires 2008/2009

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Re: Major bush/scrub fires (3rd alarm and above) 2008/2009

Post by Fastlane »

chrissss wrote:midland,east swan and east gidgee all at 3rd alarm scrub at brigadoon
on side of bells rapids
West Swan and 2 x Helitac's also onsite.
chrissss

Re: Major bush/scrub fires (3rd alarm and above) 2008/2009

Post by chrissss »

its on cathedral ave
helitak 670,671 are working on 23

CFM waneroo is going as on call manager
WPXZBP

Re: Significant bush/scrub fires 2008/2009

Post by WPXZBP »

Ok folks

After some discussion with Meg and feedback from a couple of other FESA forum regulars, the policy regarding this thread is having a slight alteration.

It is still a predominantly third alarm thread however if it is a significant bushfire (ie threatening homes and businesses) that is at least second alarm then it will be acceptable. If it's not one of those things then post it in this thread otherwise it will be removed.

If you're not sure where to put it, post it in this thread and the mods will move it where it belongs.

Please keep the posts to factual information - not rumour, hearsay, possibilities, theories etc. Also keep the information brief and to the point.

Thankyou for your cooperation.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I beleive there is something happening in Chidlow at this time, Air Reccy has booked off in that vicinity as well as a few other appliances... 15:09 (unsure on classification) - so hope posting here is ok.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
brocks

Post by brocks »

large scrub grass at chidlow i live in mt helena went for a quick drive its deffinately going bomber flew right over me on hwy,if wind gets up could be a long afternoon for the boys
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

gkoutlis wrote:I beleive there is something happening in Chidlow at this time, Air Reccy has booked off in that vicinity as well as a few other appliances... 15:09 (unsure on classification) - so hope posting here is ok.

G
4 seperate scrub fires located between chidlow rd and gorrie rd x gt eastern hwy, main lot of action is on childlow rd side the whole of mundaring are there plus helitacs + air reece.

Just heard mundaring frs and mt helena have been released and cfm mundaring just arrived.

Very poor comms on the 6ar/6ip network alot of people talking at the sametime.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Maddington going Emerg Rd Conditions to 3rd alarm fire - Holmes Road - Maidavale? 17:33

EDIT - 17:55: By the looks of things there is two fires - one on Holmes Rd and Lewis Rd's. Canningvale 2.4 enroute.

EDIT - 18:03: Helitacs requesting Police assistance to keep people and traffic back from Heartfield? water point.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Chidlow Fire, was Sawyers LT 1 and 2, Mt Helena LT and 3.4, Glen Forrest LT 1 and 2, Stoneville LT1 and 2. Was very poor comms and ICAW.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Cheers for that Helitak.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Massive bush fire, I would say by the location gorrie rd (location from fire on saturday) Its in DEC land. Nil air attack at the moment.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Helitak_670 wrote:Massive bush fire, I would say by the location gorrie rd (location from fire on saturday) Its in DEC land. Nil air attack at the moment.
Suburb?
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Sorry, just turned the computer off and back on again, its between great eastern HWY and the eastern end of the mundaring weir if my local knowledge serves me well.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Helitak_670 wrote:Sorry, just turned the computer off and back on again, its between great eastern HWY and the eastern end of the mundaring weir if my local knowledge serves me well.
I thought yesterday was in Chidlow, but you're describing Sawyers Valley (which is right next to Chidlow)

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Victor Road x Clayton Road fire

2 collar tanks to be set up at Darlington Oval in about 10 mins.

Midland, Stoneville LT1 & LT2, Parkerville LT & 3.4U, Kalamunda 2.4 & LT4, Woorooloo LT, Mundaring FCO?, East Gidgegannup 7.2 and others there or en route.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Midland SO will be having fun organising 50 vollies and liasing with the air attack team...