Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

3rd Alarm grass fire on Gilmore avenue Kwinana. Fire started around 6.30pm. Fire is in mop up stage. Brigades in attendance

Hope Valley
Success
Kwinana VFRS
Rockingham 2nd VFRS
Kwinana Sth BFB

Post by 5001020 »

We ended up going to the Boya fire around 1600hrs, there werent too many crews there at that point. it was pretty nasty when we got there

Jay
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

bomber wrote:3rd Alarm grass fire on Gilmore avenue Kwinana. Fire started around 6.30pm. Fire is in mop up stage. Brigades in attendance

Hope Valley
Success
Kwinana VFRS
Rockingham 2nd VFRS
Kwinana Sth BFB
saw success goin n im like wtf saw the smoke n that
that is outrageous in the town of kwinana and we still dont get a call out and rocko 2nd and success both do over us

chris :x
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

chrissss wrote:
bomber wrote:3rd Alarm grass fire on Gilmore avenue Kwinana. Fire started around 6.30pm. Fire is in mop up stage. Brigades in attendance

Hope Valley
Success
Kwinana VFRS
Rockingham 2nd VFRS
Kwinana Sth BFB
saw success goin n im like wtf saw the smoke n that
that is outrageous in the town of kwinana and we still dont get a call out and rocko 2nd and success both do over us

chris :x

No need to rocky 2nd bash here. Noting that it was only 1 klm from our station, and the call came in as cnr dixon and gilmore ( our area ). Even rocky 1st didnt get called
lytec

Post by lytec »

I know its the wrong thread but the guys keep bringing it up so wtf.Maybe the guys from Mandogalup should ask why they don't called rather than bitch about it.Get a life guys.Its only a volunteer organisation.I love what I do but have plenty else to keep me busy.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

lytec wrote:I know its the wrong thread but the guys keep bringing it up so wtf.Maybe the guys from Mandogalup should ask why they don't called rather than bitch about it.Get a life guys.Its only a volunteer organisation.I love what I do but have plenty else to keep me busy.
Yes, this isn't the place for bitching and whining.

The first port of call for complaints should be your Area Manager and, failing that, your District Manager - and always through your Brigade Captain.
rich

major fires

Post by rich »

3rd alarm fire out at neeves rd again
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Re: major fires

Post by meg »

rich wrote:3rd alarm fire out at neeves rd again
Sorry - what suburb/area?
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

meg wrote:
Neeves/Neaves Road, from memory, is near Wanneroo.
nightnewz-crew

Post by nightnewz-crew »

TE 201 AND NX101 BLOCKING OFF ROADS CH 50
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

WPXZBP wrote:
meg wrote:
Neeves/Neaves Road, from memory, is near Wanneroo.
Mariginiup.
xli

Post by xli »

Looks like a fire between South Guildford and the Airport has broken out.. anyone got any info on it?
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

xli wrote:Looks like a fire between South Guildford and the Airport has broken out.. anyone got any info on it?
Gt Eastern Hwy bypass, cross of Kalamunda Road. First on scene (don't remember which unit) called it in as 8-8 third alarm.
xli

Post by xli »

meg wrote:
xli wrote:Looks like a fire between South Guildford and the Airport has broken out.. anyone got any info on it?
Gt Eastern Hwy bypass, cross of Kalamunda Road. First on scene (don't remember which unit) called it in as 8-8 third alarm.
Cheers, we can see the smoke not far from here and the helicopters circling..
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Another fire in the Greenmount area. Saw smoke and heard lots of sirens about an hour ago. Looks like it may have been in the Greenmount Nat Pk just sth of Gt East Hwy. Any one know more?? If so this will be the third significant fire in the same area in the last three days!! :(
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!