Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

meg wrote:Are there crews on the way? The wind is blowing it uphill (from the look of it) towards Darlington which is a nightmare for firefighting.
4 Helitacs are already working, quite a few ground crews. Bit of a bitchfight on the radio about ICV's.. they tried to stand down Mundaring ICV even though it was already at the incident.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Location is Coulston Rd x Hudman in Boya. 3rd alarm scrub fire.

They've paged A87, A85, A88 and Guildford VFRS to it that I know of.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

meg wrote:Location is Coulston Rd x Hudman in Boya. 3rd alarm scrub fire.

They've paged A87, A85, A88 and Guildford VFRS to it that I know of.
Bassendean 2nd VFRS also been asked for. 4th Alarm.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Fastlane wrote:
Bundy wrote:Hi there,

I believe theres a fire Russell Road x Henderson from memory.
I could see the smoke from the city, I thought it was further south... oh well

Jandakot have mobilised one light tanker and last I heard theyre trying
to get a crew together for the second LT.

I got an SMS from Jandakot brigade about 20mins ago stating:
"Crews required urgently. Third Alarm. Tip Fire"

Bundy
That'd be about the 3rd or 4th time Henderson Tip has gone up this summer??
Bout the 5th!!!

Just got back from it

Hope Valley
Success
Kwinana (vfrs)
Mandogalup 3.4
Kwinana South 4.4
Jandakot Lt
Jandakot 9.2

$700 000 worth of black lino went up along with a good part of the rubbish. Was goin up pretty good. Once i get credit ill get it up one the MVBFB website.

5 loaders and some other machine was dumping sand on top of the lino when we where there.

Its still smouldering, its burning underneath the tip face so nothing we could do but hit what was on the outside. The tip has to get a contractor in to penerate under neath.

meg wrote:Are there crews on the way? The wind is blowing it uphill (from the look of it) towards Darlington which is a nightmare for firefighting.
Darlington lt was there, i forgot which frs brigade was turning out to back them up (someone 2nd).. they got told to stand down by 6ar because allegedly darlington had told them that the fire was out... 5 mins later darlington got onto 6IP saying that they needed assistance... 6IP said... "someone from your brigade apparantly told us that the fire was out" to the reply of "negative, we are the only ones here, we are going to need more assistance over!" shortly followed by the request of helitacs

all 4 helitacs are there, icv is set up at the darlington oval.

Mt helena, parkerville, stoneville and all them hills brigades where being mobilised at the request of Mundjong chief.

The winds are pretty gusting, 25-30 knots. Lucky the fire didnt escape the tip otherwise it would have been a chase.. good thing the gooseberry hill fire wasnt today !!!!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Thanks for the update !!!!!
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

It was just what i heard on the way back from the henderson tip fire
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys - WAPOL channel26 - so many cars going P2 not sure where???? is this for the fire?

I'll ammend that - P2 given to alot of cars to EVAC people in BOYA fire -

Scene Commander - HK-102
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

either that or a stand off
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Hm681 wrote:either that or a stand off
Roger that mate - thanks - They are talking on Evacutating people from the fire - so thankyou for writing in - sounds very full on....
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

yer im listening. its a fire . housings on fire p2
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Houses on Fire - Actual - VKI dispatching cars to that - not sure on street name...
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

he wicked vki...

sounds pretty bad this is the 11th car going p2
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Nothing listed on the fesa website about boya or there emergency line. Wish they had a current incident summary like the CFA does. Every call and number of appliances and type logged on there site as they happen. Hope fesa looks at this.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

What do you expect with this wind and sloping terrain
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Fesa have just listed this on there fire alerts website

Boya bush fire - Issued: Friday, 9 March 2007 5:03 PM

A bush fire has started near the cross roads of Coulston Road and Hudman Road, Boya, and is currently heading in a north/north easterly direction towards Darlington Road and Great Eastern Highway.

People in the vicinity are advised to activate their bushfire action plans by leaving their homes early or staying and defending if they are well prepared.