Major Fires 2007/08 (Bush/Scrub)

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

cat21

Post by cat21 »

Oh yeah...I live not far from there and I heard all the sirens....

They seemed to believe it was deliberately lit...how could people even contemplate doing that?
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

there was 2 seperate fires not that far apart the reason for south cooge was due to low water supply
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Baldivis Lt1 going to a fire down near anstey rd,
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Petth 1st currently at a building rescue in the city, someone trapped in a lift/crane i missed the end part of the call
cat21

Post by cat21 »

Keep us update MMW...I don't get to hear while I'm at work!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Markmywords wrote:Petth 1st currently at a building rescue in the city, someone trapped in a lift/crane i missed the end part of the call
Bush/Scrub fire 'ey...meh what cat21 said :)
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
cat21

Post by cat21 »

Thats right Tyranus...go with the flow:) :lol:
Kombi

Fire toodyay Rd

Post by Kombi »

House are being evacuated at this time 2,15pm around Toodyay and Wilson roads, Middle Swan, 4 police cars sent, 3 P2, 1 normal, and Fesa on way as well. visability Nil. Toodyay and surrounding roads now closed to all traffic.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Im sorry for posting in the wrong thread :P rescue went ok person was delivered safely to the ground.
Kombi

Fire well north of Malaga

Post by Kombi »

Can see large black scrub fire smoke from Crimea St Morly due North at sat 4.40pm, possibly about north of Balladura or further, have not heard any details..

Aparently a large shed with 15000 bales of hay went up, front end loaders have demolished the steel shed and spread out the hay to dampen down.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

2+ alarm grass fire this arvo in rockingham, day rd behind the woolshed. Stations in attendance were Rockingham 1st Pump,LT Rockingham 2nd HSR,LT and 3rd LT and Hope Valley Pump and LT.
playworth
Banned

Re: Fire well north of Malaga

Post by playworth »

Kombi wrote:Can see large black scrub fire smoke from Crimea St Morly due North at sat 4.40pm, possibly about north of Balladura or further, have not heard any details..

Aparently a large shed with 15000 bales of hay went up, front end loaders have demolished the steel shed and spread out the hay to dampen down.
wicked..not that large but.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

bomber wrote:2+ alarm grass fire this arvo in rockingham, day rd behind the woolshed. Stations in attendance were Rockingham 1st Pump,LT Rockingham 2nd HSR,LT and 3rd LT and Hope Valley Pump and LT.
hey bomber..wonder if the bastards will light it as much this year,also if we'll get called out more then once like we should've

chris
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

chrissss wrote:
bomber wrote:2+ alarm grass fire this arvo in rockingham, day rd behind the woolshed. Stations in attendance were Rockingham 1st Pump,LT Rockingham 2nd HSR,LT and 3rd LT and Hope Valley Pump and LT.
hey bomber..wonder if the bastards will light it as much this year,also if we'll get called out more then once like we should've

chris
Its looking good for a repeat of the normal season. 2 scrubbies and 1 car in this fortnight so far.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

3rd alarm grass fire Mandurah Rd cross of Day rd in East Rockingham.

Rockingham , Hope Valley , Canningvale , Success , Belmont ICV and DM Beeliar turning out. Fireground channel 96.

Rockingham chief arrived at control point and requested Baldivis bushies be turned out.