W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Re: W.A Fire Appliances

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton wrote:
AO11912 wrote:
Tender 5 is the Austral, the old square one, since 6 wet into service, 5 has been 'abandoned' in the bush next to VH-JJT

The whole country should be moving to lime, i saw a lime MK8 panther at the airshow, Darwin has lime panthers.
VH-JJT is a S.O.C.A.T.A.-GROUPE AEROSPATIALE TB-21 and from what I can see yesterday 5 hasn't been 'abandoned' next to the old Ansett BAe 146-200, in fact I didn't see it at all! Then again I was looking at the 146...

5 Had been parked in front of JJT for the best part of a month or two now in this location.

http://www.nearmap.com/?q=@-31.927605,1 ... d=20110908
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Tender 5 spotted with mk1 and 2 eyeballs parked in the fir station. The lime merc was outside. The merc is used for all 1st aid calls and any incidents within the airport precinct. It has also known to attend incidents outside of the airport in rare circumstances.
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Ok, I know 5 has been out side the fire station for the last week now.

However i did say it HAD been parked/'abandoned' in front of JJT for the best part of a month or two, doing nothing
AO11912 wrote:5 Had been parked in front of JJT for the best part of a month or two now in this location.
Also notice I used Quotation marks around 'abandoned' indicating that I was unsure of its status as to why it had been parked there.

Please read my comments properly.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

I had read your comments AO11912 and had responded corectly. But it seems you have changed your response since I posted, as all I did was quote what you had originally said. You said HAS [referring to you had knowledge] but changed it to HAD...

Helitak_670 - How often would the DRV leave the airport grounds / tarmac. Once a week to respond to emergencies?
Last edited by written_ficton on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

I did not change my post, and I wasn't responding to you.

6 goes out gate 14 (Grogan rd) almost twice a day to respond landside lights and sirens, I don't know how many times it goes out gate 1 (AAE)
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

W.A Fire Appliances

Post by Matt. »

Without working there but knowing how the DRV works at Brisbane daily would be a guess , like Brisbane I reckon the would do afa's , mva's and inspections and alike of building on or around the airport but just a guess.

Matt
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

I have no idea on how often it responds to incidents out side the airport. It is not very often though. Normally it is either parked up or 7/10 times it is heading to the domestic terminal from what I see when I am there. I however may be corrected by someone who has stats.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by newbie »

pacestick wrote:
Wazza Y wrote:Possibly one of the old appliances from Forrestfield training center? Can't remember if they still have all the FESA stickers still on them but I know they still have a couple of old dual cab land rovers.

This was a single cab Landrover with a white front end.

You could be talking about my one, I run a bushfire mitigation business for private property owners (burning, clean ups, bushfire sprinkler systems etc) and have a single cab Land Rover 1000lt (ex FESA 1.4) and an ex FESA Land Cruiser LT. I've been doing it for about 4 years now and never had decals put back on to try and keep the peace with FESA etc for as long as possible while the business got established.
I've always had the view that a lot of people who would get their knickers in a twist seeing a privateer driving around in a fire truck doing fire type stuff. (glad to report thats not the case, however I've put it down to simply not being so "loud" about it and if any fire related people bring up concerns to simple go and have a chat to them about it)
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

now you have owned up newbie, how about you post some pictures of your vehicle :)
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by newbie »

haha... I tried to stay on the low down, I'm surprised one of the vehicles hasn't been mentioned on here before.
You cant upload pictures directly to here can you... I'll stick it on a server somewhere and send through the link for you.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

you would have to host is via photobucket or something similar, if you want send me a PM and I can upload it for you [thats if you send the pictures through]
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by newbie »

written_ficton wrote:you would have to host is via photobucket or something similar, if you want send me a PM and I can upload it for you [thats if you send the pictures through]

No probs I can stick them on one of my servers.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Brill - Look forward to it, So I guess your a fire break contractor as well?
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by newbie »

written_ficton wrote:Brill - Look forward to it, So I guess your a fire break contractor as well?
It's crazy but I never get asked to do fire breaks, people have their regular guy who does it so it doesn't make financial sense for me to set up the capability. When it comes to fire breaks you need a tractor or bobcat, then you need a truck to cart it around, then you need somewhere to put it all!
My main area of focus is sprinkler systems, hazard reduction burns, brush cutting and general yard clean up.
pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Post by pacestick »

It was a landROVER not a toyota I think I may have seen your vehicles around tho.
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE