Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

xli

Post by xli »

Heard it a while ago whilst in the car, there are power lines down in the gooseberry hills fire so the helitacs were put on hold and ground crews told to keep back (30mins to an hr ago). not sure if that problems been resolved though?

those not listening to the scanner (or cant), it appears the fire isn't under control but they currently have it surrounded.. they're waiting for more calm vehicles to arrive too.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

xli wrote:Heard it a while ago whilst in the car, there are power lines down in the gooseberry hills fire so the helitacs were put on hold and ground crews told to keep back (30mins to an hr ago). not sure if that problems been resolved though?

those not listening to the scanner (or cant), it appears the fire isn't under control but they currently have it surrounded.. they're waiting for more calm vehicles to arrive too.
Cheers for the info - appreciate it
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

thought i heard that did they say its only 1 hectare or like 100?

chris
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Fastlane wrote:Also have 3rd alarm at Lake Joondalup and I *think* another one @ Warwick Open Space..
Warwick Open Space fire does not appear to be to big at this stage lots of smoke but cant see flames from where I live.I might have to cancel my nightly walk tho I normally walk through there of an evening.
Last edited by Donga on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

cheers
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

xli wrote:Hear... it appears the fire isn't under control but they currently have it surrounded..
And the police are calling for it to come out with it's hands up? :lol:

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Getting back in my box now ...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

7yay
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

gkoutlis wrote:
xli wrote:Heard it a while ago whilst in the car, there are power lines down in the gooseberry hills fire so the helitacs were put on hold and ground crews told to keep back (30mins to an hr ago). not sure if that problems been resolved though?

That's the Edgewater Drive fire you are talking about, not Gooseberry Hill.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

gosnells has turned out pretty much every vehicle!

malagas fire is in black out stage

all 2.4s nor are commited coz dm west coastal wanted 1

chris
xli

Post by xli »

Fastlane wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:

That's the Edgewater Drive fire you are talking about, not Gooseberry Hill.
About the surrounding it? My bad, thanks for the correction!
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Fire appears to be under contol at Warwick Open Space very little smoke or practacly no smoke form where I live.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

ok
belmonts at gooseberry hill :roll:
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

gooseberry hill fire has called for st johns
as standby
rich

major fires

Post by rich »

bit of a joke they send wanneroo and quinns to the mundaring fire yet
don't call any of us in the swan shire as were are neighbouring brigades
to mundaring and don't even get to go.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Re: major fires

Post by Fastlane »

rich wrote:bit of a joke they send wanneroo and quinns to the mundaring fire yet
don't call any of us in the swan shire as were are neighbouring brigades
to mundaring and don't even get to go.
You wanna talk to your CFM/Chief before you make comments like that! FESA can only use what its offered. Probably a very good reason !