General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: General fire discussions

Post by written_ficton »

Zebedee wrote:
written_ficton wrote:I so had to smile when she moved the car & stalled! #-o Not once, but twice!
That's a little unkind don't you think? The poor girl was probably scared out of her wits.
No, absolute hilarious!
I've closed the door!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

written_ficton wrote:
Zebedee wrote:
written_ficton wrote:I so had to smile when she moved the car & stalled! #-o Not once, but twice!
That's a little unkind don't you think? The poor girl was probably scared out of her wits.
No, absolute hilarious!
Well, that's a shame. Coz look what happens as a result.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Incident on Kew Street and Orrong Rd tonight approx 19:30ish - Unsure if multiple cars SJA Riverton 21 asked for FESA for urgent backup for entrapment and strong smell of gas.

Drove past heading home and SES crews there, large truck Tow Truck, and I think Belmont Pump with Light Tower extended.

Anyone know what happened?

G

EDIT: Almost forgot - SJA Team Leader in attendance as well.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

SES there...is that area a residential address? That would be the only time an SES unit would be likely to get involved with a vehicle incident.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tyranus wrote:SES there...is that area a residential address? That would be the only time an SES unit would be likely to get involved with a vehicle incident.

Nope it is semi-industrial/commercial - 100% - Check it out on Google Maps or Whereis.com.au - I drive past it often on Thursday evenings...

Just conifrming that Welshpool 1st and 2nd went Fire Call around 19:40-ish for persons trapped as reported by Riverton 21 (SJA crew)

Then Belmont went Firecall and was still there quite a while after it all happend. Full SES crews were also deployed, I counted roughly 3 vehicles on Kew St and another 2 on the actual drive way on Orrong Rd next to Belmont Pump.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

yep, it's light industrial/commercial there. There is a high fire risk building in that immediate area though which may explain the turnout?

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

gkoutlis wrote:Incident on Kew Street and Orrong Rd tonight approx 19:30ish... Anyone know what happened?
According to The West it was a truck v building. Driver reportedly had a leg "nearly severed". SES were probably there for structural support.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

auntys_eyes wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Incident on Kew Street and Orrong Rd tonight approx 19:30ish... Anyone know what happened?
According to The West it was a truck v building. Driver reportedly had a leg "nearly severed". SES were probably there for structural support.
Ahh good on you AE - well done - So that's what it was hence the massive Tow Truck used for larger vehicles...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Seen photo's of the incident, from one of the SES crew members who were there. Unfortunately I can't upload or link the photo's, but it was a container truck ploughed into a brick building. SES would have been there for the USAR role, same as car vs houses.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Spy-ed two nice clean BFB light tankers heading past Perth airport today, one was from Jandakot, heading out grogan road, from horie miller to meet Abernathy rd
kwn

Post by kwn »

AO11912-driver training at AHG driving center, next to airport. they head up into the hills for a gravel road drive on the sunday afternoon.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

kwn wrote:AO11912-driver training at AHG driving center, next to airport. they head up into the hills for a gravel road drive on the sunday afternoon.
Sounds like a lovely way to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon ;)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

1st Alarm property fire in Hazelmere...I thought I saw wet patches like from a fire truck then I thought it was something else...then I saw more going into a side street and saw Midland and Bassendean pumps and LT's. Turned on the scanner to hear the Bassendean SO advise 6AR that Midland SO was classifying it as 1st Alarm property and it was something around the fireplace (didn't quite catch it) that had caught fire.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Wet patches aye

I guess thats one way to track a fire truck.....

sigh i need to stay off here at 2am...
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

Have a look at this image of a 2.4 Rural Tanker http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/internet/?Men ... tentID=255 . im pretty sure i know exactly where the photo has been taken, but can anyone else work it out? If your the person who took it, don't give the answer away, i'd like to see if anyone can work it out.
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE