Major Fires 2007/08 (Bush/Scrub)

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

jmmw wrote: The flare was lauched over everyone at the crash scene and i was sent to investigate whether or not it had started a fire, which of course it had. Had freo and murdoch turn it was pretty small as far as fires go.
Oh sounded like it had gone up again because the guy down on ocean road had called 000 saying it was getting close to house ? thats when i heard freo 1st call 2nd alarm n so on.

Mustve been too seperate fires down on that rd i guess.

JMMW: You dont drive the blue council security vehicle do you ?
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Blue Ford Rtv with CSS plastered all over it, yes.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Parky fire Number 2 was good last night, also 2 fires at Stoneville during the incident.
SamW

Post by SamW »

I was first on scene at the Parky fire last night, and am going out to it tonight. Parkerville has had a very busy season this year.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Hey guys, what is the status on these fires??
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
SamW

Post by SamW »

I have been told that the Devon Place is officially out, but will continue patrols until tomorrow night and the Parky/Stoneville one is out just the odd flare-up now and then. Last night the winds were 40kph, gusting to 70kph, so hop overs were a big problem, and its going to be 39 tomorrow!
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

WPXZBP wrote:4th alarm + scrub fire Faucet (?) Road in Munster.
At least 3 properties under threat. Fire front about 1km. F/G channel 97.

Fremantle 1st & 2nd
Kwinana VFRS
Perth 1st
Canningvale
Jandakot BFS
Hope Valley
Belmont ICV
DM Beeliar
Murdoch
Mandogalup BFS
DM Cockburn South
Malaga 2.4
EDIT: South Coogee BFS

Osborne Park @ Success FS

Parkerville Control requested helitacs on standby from first light and Air Intel (with the FLIR camera) also to find hot spots.
i dont think soutch coogee arrived at this incident until we got relieved by them at 5am, and i think u mean DM cockburn sound,also 2 possible stolen motorbikes found in a semi burntout shed lol.they'll get there just desserts. :wink:

success and freo had another 3rd alarm this arvo behind the butter factory only a few metres from where the code 90 was on rocko road last night,mmw might have more info as i saw about 3 CSS vehicles there.

chris
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I had the FESA audio streaming through my Pocket PC while I was in bed. I fell asleep with it still running. It woke me up at some time - must have been around 5.

Yes, it is Cockburn Sound, not South.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Photos from last night will be up in the next day or so. (depends on when I recover from my lack of sleep!!!)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

top of 39c tomorrow so fingers crossed
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

more info on the parkie fire

Woman, 59, charged with starting Parkerville bushfire

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

SamW wrote:I have been told that the Devon Place is officially out, but will continue patrols until tomorrow night and the Parky/Stoneville one is out just the odd flare-up now and then. Last night the winds were 40kph, gusting to 70kph, so hop overs were a big problem, and its going to be 39 tomorrow!
Thanks mate - that's good news that there out and hopefully on a sorcher like today - fingers crossed no fires today. [-o<
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

I can see smoke up in the hills but my new scanner doesn't seem to function here at work. Anyone with any info?
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

meg wrote:I can see smoke up in the hills but my new scanner doesn't seem to function here at work. Anyone with any info?
Devon place. Multiple spot overs. helitacs and several other brigades being turned out

sawyers valley, stoneville mundaring and mundaring icv, darlington and midland frs being mobilised

Mundaring is deing diverted to property under threat on hill rd
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Thanks - just remembered the stream (yay!) which is working for me (yay!).