Major Fires 2007/08 (Bush/Scrub)

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: No Fires

Post by Tyranus »

northeast wrote:I hope there are no fires anywhere with the Temp now hit 43.3c at 1215pm.
Sorry but Midland and Bassendean just turned out to a fire in Palmer Barracks (Sth Guildford), passing police car setting up in case smoke becomes a major problem. Midland called in for 2 helitacs, as it is threatening houses.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

And multiple flare-ups @ the Spectacles. Helitacs and fixed-wing aircraft requested. Motorbike and tracks seen in the area. :?

Some of our members will be happy - Mandogolup BFS has been requested.
SamW

Post by SamW »

Sounds like the S*** as hit the fan, the helitacks will take to long (20min) to get there. Asked for fixed wings if they are quicker. Multiple spot fires, and motorbike tracks around fire ground and seen leaving fire.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

670 on route with 767 activating
Edit: Mandogalup LT1, LT2, 3.4, 7.2 turning out to assist with spectacles fire
Edit 2: Perth Light Tanker Number 3 arrived at spectacles
Edit 3: Hope you boys and girls out there have your camera, 767 is going to be there shortly!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
northeast

Mongrels

Post by northeast »

[quote="Tyranus"]670 on route with 767 activating
Edit: Mandogalup LT1, LT2, 3.4, 7.2 turning out to assist with spectacles fire
Edit 2: Perth Light Tanker Number 3 arrived at spectacles
Edit 3: Hope you boys and girls out there have your camera, 767 is going to be there shortly![/quote]

I say give all Fire and other authorities the power to shoot to kill the offenders, the mongrels, they think its a big joke,,,until they get trapped in a wall of fire, do not bother asking questions after either.
sorry,but i do not believe the fire men/women and other services deserve this treatment from brainless fools.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: Mongrels

Post by vk6hgr »

The Spectacles fire has crossed the Kwinana freeway. The DM has asked for more resources.

PTA will not shut the rail line down but are now not stopping at Kwinana station.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

it has crossed the freeway ??? when ??? just drove down it and it hadnt
its jumped over the rail way line, and thomas rd, threatening the petrol station !

If this thing does jump the freeway, its possible to end up like it did in 2002, its going to put all the houses in wandi underthreat and its going to be extremely bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Guy on a motorbike is said to have been seen, just before it started !

Its going to be extremely hard to stop it jumping the freeway, on monday it was spotting 500m in front, and right now its running towards the freeway at great speed and intensity ! Please let me know if it jumps, otherwise me and chris will have to go and prepare his house !
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

JG-103 wrote: Its going to be extremely hard to stop it jumping the freeway, on monday it was spotting 500m in front, and right now its running towards the freeway at great speed and intensity ! Please let me know if it jumps, otherwise me and chris will have to go and prepare his house !
Just going by what I'm hearing on 6AR...
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

The Spectacles fire is heading east heading towards Casurina prison. HAS crossed the fwy and the fwy is closed from Mortimer rd.
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Another fire @ Serpentine. Helitacs requested.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

JG-103 wrote:Please let me know if it jumps, otherwise me and chris will have to go and prepare his house !
Good luck JG and Chrissss...
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

yep, its heading towards his house, me and him are turning out with his grandpa's hilux with a slip on, wish us luck, as we will certainly need it
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

JG-103 wrote:yep, its heading towards his house, me and him are turning out with his grandpa's hilux with a slip on, wish us luck, as we will certainly need it
good luck and all the best protecting the house
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

hey guys just heard spectacles call for any appliances that are available in the metro area they dont care what the just want anything that can pump water poor buggers