Helitak Observations/General Convo

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

The S61 Carson helicopter contract officially ends on the 6th april 2008, however I did hear today that the contract has been extended for another 1 or two weeks. Will try and confirm that. The boys were a little busy today doing some engine maintenance.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

The Minister said yesterday that helitac contracts could be extended in 7 day blocks. (Seen on commercial tv news.)
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

The HA choppers I think go to the end of april with 2 coming offline halfway through april. Not sure if that is correct or not. I am sure the HA boys are going to laugh at this post! ;)
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Helitak_670 wrote:The HA choppers I think go to the end of april with 2 coming offline halfway through april. Not sure if that is correct or not. I am sure the HA boys are going to laugh at this post! ;)
I think that's what happened last year if my memory serves me well :) I hope they do with all the fires atm.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

Tyranus wrote:
Helitak_670 wrote:The HA choppers I think go to the end of april with 2 coming offline halfway through april. Not sure if that is correct or not. I am sure the HA boys are going to laugh at this post! ;)
I think that's what happened last year if my memory serves me well :) I hope they do with all the fires atm.
Helitacs due to go offline end of next week. Carson due to go offline the following week
chromie

Re: Helitak Observations/General Convo

Post by chromie »

hi guys not sure how to load pics of the helitankers but got some good fottage and some good pics also...they chat on 123.650 if anybody has been looking for them :!:
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Feel free to post pics in the Pictures forum. This link will help you in posting the pics.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

All 4 Helitac's have been taken off fire duty, mind you the blue one has dissapeard, probably on fire duty with calm.
jasonjag
Banned

helitacks

Post by jasonjag »

Helitak_670 wrote:All 4 Helitac's have been taken off fire duty, mind you the blue one has dissapeard, probably on fire duty with calm.
Once stood down from here,,,where do they go to,,surely not put put in a hangar? or are they shipped over to the USA ready for thier season..
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

They head over to Queensland for their fire season. The Carson will head back to the US.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

who actually owns them, obviously carson is owned by an american company, but the aussie ones, are they owned by heliwest or helicopters australia, or a queensland company. i spose what im tryin gto say is, where is there real home?
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Smithy wrote:who actually owns them, obviously carson is owned by an american company, but the aussie ones, are they owned by heliwest or helicopters australia, or a queensland company. i spose what im tryin gto say is, where is there real home?
Smithy,

Have a look at this site and might answer your questions

http://www.helicopters.com.au/
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

thankyou very much bomber, greatly appreciated :)
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

The helicopters will go in for maintenance before 3 of them head to QLD for a few months, and then they come back to Perth for the W.A. fire season. Not sure when the yellow chopper heads back, but the boys are out there every morning doing a pre flight on her.
jasonjag
Banned

Big yellow bird

Post by jasonjag »

Helitak_670 wrote:The helicopters will go in for maintenance before 3 of them head to QLD for a few months, and then they come back to Perth for the W.A. fire season. Not sure when the yellow chopper heads back, but the boys are out there every morning doing a pre flight on her.
No doubt they will take it back in a Russian Antinov as ive seen one parked at PIA severel times.