General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Re: General fire discussions

Post by pacestick »

2 Northam shire units went to the red Hill incident they were re-directed while on the road Unsure about northam FRS
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

If anyone knows the injured firefighter or those that have lost their homes, best wishes for their speedy recovery and regrets for their loss from over here. I spoken to some mates over here and there are quite a few of us who'd love to be able to come over and lend a hand.
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Last edited by HL 101 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwn

Post by kwn »

Any news on the fire fighter that was hit by the fire truck at the Roleystone fire. Where are they from and how are they??
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

kwn wrote:Any news on the fire fighter that was hit by the fire truck at the Roleystone fire. Where are they from and how are they??
http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5381&start=1155 Last post some Information.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

7 news said it was an off duty police officer that was being interviewed by the arson squad for the angle grinding...
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

My mates unluky the water bombers put the fire out at his place then they had to go because it was dark. the fire flaired up again and his homes gone :(
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Ferndale Fire flared up this afternoon. Took everyone by suprise! how quickly it was whipped up
I've closed the door!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

interesting they dindnt have more to save the bridge, seems like a vital access route for emergency services.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

AO11912 wrote:interesting they dindnt have more to save the bridge, seems like a vital access route for emergency services.
I think the bridge damage kind of snuck up on them - it certainly must have made it harder for fire vehicles to get to the control point.

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
kwn

Post by kwn »

Canning Vale 2.4 just came upon a small fire 1ft x 1ft on their way home from another job. 6AR still had to send a Pump with an SO to the fire to declare safe...
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

kwn wrote:Canning Vale 2.4 just came upon a small fire 1ft x 1ft on their way home from another job. 6AR still had to send a Pump with an SO to the fire to declare safe...
Canning Vale 2.4 along with Canning Vale Pump & LT actually turned out to a scrub fire, Canning Regional Park - Cannington. Upon arriving the 2.4 was released from the incident.

Whilst the Pump & LT dealt with that incident there were several calls to 000 and a call to the City of Canning saying that there were fires now occuring on the opposite side of Canning River, Ferndale.

2.4 were located to that incident, with the Pump and LT backing up.
I've closed the door!
kwn

Post by kwn »

I was surprised that the 2.4 was not allowed to declare the area safe. 6AR instructed Kensington Pump to continue to the fire, as an SO had to attend.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Edit, I was wrong. Kenningston Pump & LT and Canningvale 2.4 attended incident.

Keningston Pump was released from this incident and went firecall to Canningvale 2.4
I've closed the door!
Kempa

Post by Kempa »

Although the 2.4 is a stand alone appliance it does not have an SO and it is part of the fire and rescue services duty of care to the public and its fire fighters that an officer attends every incident. no matter the size of the incident. if something were to go wrong or the firies didn't notice something or if there was a reignition later the firies would be accountable and thats not the way it works. Thats why the snapps get the big bucks!