Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Ahh but when you're in an area that has as standard response to report of fire: 4 Helitacs, Local brigade, Midland, surrounding brigades, Water bombers (standby) Even Bassendean might get a call not sure, but basically we through everything at it which is why alarm codes have to be worked out quickly and resources required. If it's a small fire we don't want to turn the helitacs around after them coming halfway. So anything like that would be a major incident if those resources are required.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

Tyranus wrote:Ahh but when you're in an area that has as standard response to report of fire: 4 Helitacs, Local brigade, Midland, surrounding brigades, Water bombers (standby) Even Bassendean might get a call not sure, but basically we through everything at it which is why alarm codes have to be worked out quickly and resources required. If it's a small fire we don't want to turn the helitacs around after them coming halfway. So anything like that would be a major incident if those resources are required.
They still will not put out an emergency alert until it is confirmed as a major incident. This can take an hour or more before this happens. They will not issue an emergency alert for a report of fire.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

And even then lots of the time unless there is property under threat they dont list it. Its a pity that they dont run an incident log like most other states do. The cfa one is great. Wish we had the same. For those that havent seen it here is the link.

http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/incidents/inc ... ummary.htm
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Agreed bomber that is cool!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
G15

Post by G15 »

there has been no real talk of major fires for some time is this a general discussion forum ?
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Well then does anyone remember the great fires of 1666 in London. Now that was a major fire. It made the brushfire at Dwellingup look like a backyard barbecue. Of course these young kids of today don't seem to know how to have a proper fire these days.
G15

Post by G15 »

im sorry is that a remark that suggests that "kids" are lighting fires, rather a sad suggestion there dont you think .... a rather large generalisation i think myself .... infact many of the fires are started from older people anyway ....
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

3 kids were arrested yesterday by a frs crew lighting fires and handed over to the police at the incident..

on a seperate note and getting back to the topic, on teh news last night a house totally destroyed in Yangebup. Can only assume taht this is the call that successes light tanker was responding to when involved in the accident

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html
Last edited by bomber on Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

;)
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

and they will get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
G15

Post by G15 »

i did not infact deny that kids dont light fires as kids have and will forever be arrested and caught for doing so. BUT there is also alot of mature adults that also get caught or are accused of lighting fires.... Either way i think it is all disgraceful though it would be better not to have sooo many generalisations ... i joined the volunteers when i was 16 ... i never lit a fire .....
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

You might like to re-read what Toottoot said. You've taken it completely out of context.. quite deliberately it seems.

Talk about trolling.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Let em go - it kills the time until chaser starts!!
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

[quote="Toottoot"]Let em go - it kills the time until chaser starts!![/quote]

rather wait for medical emergency. :D
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

hey well that give us a good slogan with all them arisons around,

YOU LIGHT THEM, WE FIGHT THEM.