FESA frequencies

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I'm sure they have... it's called an Incident Control Vehicle. With the new system all yellow or green radios can cross-band repeat. Link two of them and you have a repeater.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

There are a variety of Comms in the regional areas. Sat Phone is one of them, but alot (not sure how many) brigades have a setup where they have a repeater at or near the station/town that they use with a selcall type function, can't remember the name right now, which is then piped back to comcen via phone or microwave link.
There are some other fun things that can be done using the radio and this system I'm told.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

kylep wrote:There are a variety of Comms in the regional areas. Sat Phone is one of them, but alot (not sure how many) brigades have a setup where they have a repeater at or near the station/town that they use with a selcall type function, can't remember the name right now, which is then piped back to comcen via phone or microwave link.
TARA perchance?
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

and telephone interconnect is available also via these setups
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

WPXZBP wrote: TARA perchance?
Doesn't ring a bell mate.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

kylep wrote:
WPXZBP wrote: TARA perchance?
Doesn't ring a bell mate.
Thats what it is/was called. The old Bushies Comms Module had a section on it.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

BFS Comms? Thought it was only a FRS/WAFB thing. Also used to activate pagers, siren, group call and so on. Is that the one? Used codes via a keypad on the mic to activate such things.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Sounds a bit like the CCS (Country Communications System) perhaps?
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

Tara is in the old bfs module on radios and comms,its got a number for the swan region and explains how to do it,my understanding is its like a phone call through the radio to comcen,im assuming much like a selcall

but as far as i know all country brigades use sattelite phone or landline

i was told that through the new radio system they will be able to speak through to comcen.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

i am pretty sure that when country brigades have fire calls, one member stays on station, and the appliances talk to him via radio, then he repeats that message via direct line to coms center. but yeah i am not 100% sure.

http://www.warsug.info/viewtopic.php?t= ... c&start=15 there is a pic in this thread that vk6hgr posted showing 'main radios at home' and yeah the center radio with white and 6 buttons. isnt that one of them old radios country used to use?
----BUDDAH VFRS----
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

BuddahFRS wrote: http://www.warsug.info/viewtopic.php?t= ... c&start=15 there is a pic in this thread that vk6hgr posted showing 'main radios at home' and yeah the center radio with white and 6 buttons. isnt that one of them old radios country used to use?
AWA RT-85. Early 80s commercial radio.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
SmashedXR6T

Re: FESA frequencies

Post by SmashedXR6T »

Hello All,
Does anyone know the frequency for the FRS guys in Geraldton??? I have looked at the ACMA website but don't know what i am looking for.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

For the career guys it'll be one of the FRS repeaters - 51 to 58. They'd be your best bet.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Just wondering if anyone would know the best freq for the lancelin/ledge pt area,cheers.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Try this one
78.1125 6IP Lancelin

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator