Major Fires 2007/08 (Bush/Scrub)

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

chrissss

Post by chrissss »

are they stil sending appliances to pinjar?

is it under control??

chris
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

west and east swan have both sent an appliance as has bullsbrook. No other messages have been broadcast as to status of fire.
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Hey Playworth do you have pics of todays fires if so post them under pics with a fire related heading ie; Job name im sure we would all like to have a look at them
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

bomber wrote:you were quick wes. Looking att he area has the potential to be BIG. Its the forrest behind barbagello raceway map 161 d5

made 3rd alarm
It's quite a bit east from the raceway. Lots of grasslands and even a peat lake in the vicinity. Perry Rd runs right through to Pinjar Power Station. Lot's of DEC land close by too.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

perth has 3 light tankers now and 2 and 3 are going to carine open space,i never knew they got 3 for summer?
has this always been??

chris
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Yeah I believe during the summer times Perth has usually boosted the number of appliances, thought they also got an extra couple of pumps don't know where from. But was told this was the case by a relief Fire fighter.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

the pumps are standby appliances that are kept at occonnor workshops and this depends on manning levels at perth fire station they offer a lot of call back <overtime> during the peak season the lts are ussually used in the northern parts of w.a during our winter and then bought back to perth were they do there last summer and then iether sold off or sent to the acadamy to be used there
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

thanks wasaint and tyranus.

chris
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

sounds like a decnt one in maddingtons area,there not even there yet and already mobilised gosnells bfb and trying to get helitacs,gossnells cheif also mobile now.

chris
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Maddington turning out to a zone 2 alarm (caught it as orange grove), gosnells bfb & chief on the way. Heli support being organised
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

beat ya mmw :lol: ...6.6 gosnells cheif maddington stil 4 minutes away

chris
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

only 1st alarm,and gosnells going normal road.

chris
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

its a shytestinker of a fire day strong wind+heat=no good :(

chris
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Yehhh - I deffo think we'll be in for a long day today...

If not today - Tommorrow.
Or the following day.

Not looking promising.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

well hopefully tomorrow with a 38c forecast it will be uneventfull-