W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: W.A Fire Appliances

Post by hold3n »

what is the difference between 2.4 u and b apart from the pump controls
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

2.4B "Broadace" is a vehicle that carries water and is fitted with a firefighting pump that has been sepecifically designed and constructedf for the purpose of suppressing fire or other emergencies in rural areas. Usually based on a Isuzu FSS550 or Hino 5Z Vehicle.

Specs: 2700L Water Tank
2 x 20L Class A Foam

2.4U "Urban" is a vehicle that carries necessary fire fighting equipment to the fireground where it can be used to pump water from the tank, open water and street mains. These appliances are suitable for larger townsite protection is capable of carrying BA and is iseal for broadacre / rural / bush fire fighting.

Specs: 2000L Water Tank
2 x 20L Class A & B Foam

Information was sourced from the old FESA Website when they had details on the vehicles.
I've closed the door!
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

written_ficton wrote:2.4B "Broadace" is a vehicle that carries water and is fitted with a firefighting pump that has been sepecifically designed and constructedf for the purpose of suppressing fire or other emergencies in rural areas. Usually based on a Isuzu FSS550 or Hino 5Z Vehicle.

Specs: 2700L Water Tank
2 x 20L Class A Foam

2.4U "Urban" is a vehicle that carries necessary fire fighting equipment to the fireground where it can be used to pump water from the tank, open water and street mains. These appliances are suitable for larger townsite protection is capable of carrying BA and is iseal for broadacre / rural / bush fire fighting.

Specs: 2000L Water Tank
2 x 20L Class A & B Foam

Information was sourced from the old FESA Website when they had details on the vehicles.
so if i am right the 1.4 and 2.4 broadace doesn't go to mvas
best job

Post by best job »

hold3n- the FESA website now has the spec sheets available for viewing in the "about us" tab. the broadacre 2.4's dont carry rescue gear so normally wouldnt turnout to a rcr. the career 2.4U is different again to the ones on the website.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

does anyone have videos of Fesa responding that they can pm me

2nd questions
When are Forrestfield training vehicles allowed to go on firecall i noticed that they were deployed in Kelmscott/Roleystone fire
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Seems that Perth is now running around with HP 7... Is this another Pump for the CHOGM or a replacement / whilst the other pump is out tech?
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

written_ficton wrote:Seems that Perth is now running around with HP 7... Is this another Pump for the CHOGM or a replacement / whilst the other pump is out tech?
Nope it's an additional appliance. Heard earlier callsign of "Esplanade"

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/br ... ire-front/

Talks about "The Government will also purchase five new fire appliances designed to work at the edge of suburban areas such as the Perth hills"

Anyone know what appliances they are talking about?
I've closed the door!
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Hazard a guess, something like a 2.4. They won't be ready until the end of the summer fire season.
bohong

Post by bohong »

WPXZBP wrote:Hazard a guess, something like a 2.4. They won't be ready until the end of the summer fire season.
From what I hear, they will be career FRS 2.4's located on the fringe stations such as Ellenbrook, Midland, Welshpool, Armadale etc to enable greater and timelier first strike capability.
macca

Post by macca »

bohong wrote:
WPXZBP wrote:Hazard a guess, something like a 2.4. They won't be ready until the end of the summer fire season.
From what I hear, they will be career FRS 2.4's located on the fringe stations such as Ellenbrook, Midland, Welshpool, Armadale etc to enable greater and timelier first strike capability.

I agree. I guess that makes sense to place them at career station where they have the staff to man them and turn out as soon as they get the call. Fast knock down means better control and limits the chance of the fire getting bigger resulting in all Career and Vols not having to spend more time on the fire ground that is needed.
I think these types of appliances needed to be placed at these stations a long time ago.
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

maybe we like spending time on the fire ground! what happens if the closest career is 20 mins away!
still a good idea but and is gonna be even better having the sky craine this season too

kyeboi

TRBFB
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
bohong

Post by bohong »

kyeboi wrote:what happens if the closest career is 20 mins away!
The same as it does now, the next closest station/brigade attends.

This option gives more appliance, more often available to attend quicker, and hopefully get on top of the fire to prevent further loss to life, property or environment, and less time for the crews on the fireground.

Who really wants to spend all night or day on the fireground?
macca

Post by macca »

Who really wants to spend all night or day on the fireground?[/quote]

You've got that right. Get in and then get out with minimal loss.
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

as long as im fighting fire i love it ay until im tired then i would go sleep then get back out the and kick some ass =D
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS