Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

Post by Helitak_670 »

Midland, Malaga, Perth 3rd Turning out to 18 Ben st x Great Eastern Hwy structure fire Redcliffe (next to the airport basically) That is where the campervan place is and oposite is the recycling place.

Arrived 66 2nd Alarm Midland arrived, Airport fire tenders are in attendance. Plenty of smoke coming out of the building.

Perth 2nd Arrived, Midland working with hose reel from the pump, Malaga stood down
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

By the sounds of things - 07:40 - Belmont arrived near Gate 6 (Tonkin Hwy) - due to flare up of yesterday afternoons fire.

Waiting for further info.

UPDATE: From Belmont Pump - 08:05 - Recon done by LT - a log has flared up, but that is the extent of it, no threat of running fire - Belmont should clear in 20mins.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Belmont Pump called in again - 2ND ALARM - Scrub/Bush - Tonkin and Horrie Millar.

Channel 97 Fire Ground
Channel 23 (Helitacs)

Welshpool 1st enroute Fire Call - 0900
DM Newburn enroute - 0901

Belmont requesting 2 x 2.4's
Canningvale 2.4 enroute - 0903
Malaga 2.4 enroute - 0903

Belmont reports - Airport Tenders assisting. 0907 - 6AR advising Helitacs mobilised. (southern boundary of Runway 03)
DM Newburn - advising fire contained - 2HA of land. 0927

Helitacs stood down from incident - 0945. Crews blacking out and will be departing soon.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Canningvale Pump and LT, Perth 3rd and Fremantle 1st - Person vs Train - Ranford Road, Canningvale. 0914

Person is no longer entrapped by train. Perth 3rd no longer required. Fremantle 1st - Normal Road conditions.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

colin
150+ posts
150+ posts
Amateur callsign: VK6FITN
Scanners and Receivers: RTL2832U with RTL_Airband
Tait 8200

Post by colin »

I think I heard air Intel turning out north of tooday. Can anyone confirm/ provide details?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

From what I am hearing on my iPhone stream;

DM Avon saying 80 heactare fire - (unsure exact location) - has sufficient resources on hand at the present time.

Requested Northam and Toodyay VFRS - didn't catch why.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Grass Fire in Bejording near Toodyay with Property Under threat from what I'm told, and residents are being advised to evacuate through the Toodyay township.

FESA Alert: http://bit.ly/e8woWm

No immediate threat
110ha burnt
2 Water Bombers working
Road Closures exist
Last edited by kylep on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Malaga 2.4 enroute - Perth Airport again. Flareup.

Belmont Pump and LT enroute 13:20

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

colin wrote:I think I heard air Intel turning out north of tooday. Can anyone confirm/ provide details?
Air Intel was airborne today, was seen heading east

Saw the 2 airport tenders responding to the fires this morning, they went racing down TWY C
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Some questions about the airport fire's

Regarding Foam, and 6AR saying they are not to use the foam on airport grounds, what might be the reason behind this?

Does any one know if the ARFF monitors only discharge foam? if so could the request be coming from ARFF to attack the fire with their monitors?

Is DM Newburn the ARFF DM or a FESA guy..
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

dm newburn is FESA

As for the airport firies not sure what foam they use, but when they do its in a environmently safe area, ie it gets trapped. I assume that they use afff which is B class foam.
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

AO11912 wrote:Some questions about the airport fire's

Regarding Foam, and 6AR saying they are not to use the foam on airport grounds, what might be the reason behind this?
The foam they are refering to in this instance is A class foam (not to be confused with B Class foam, which is used for aircraft incidents, and is used on the airport grounds). Generally A Class foam is not used on or within wetlands or water courses or area's with "fragile enviroments". At a guess there may be rare plant life within the airport boundary and it has been determined that A class foam may have a risk on the plants chances of survival.
Does any one know if the ARFF monitors only discharge foam? if so could the request be coming from ARFF to attack the fire with their monitors?
The monitors can discharge water only. The request for no foam to be used on the airport grounds would not be so the ARFF can attack the fire with their monitors and foam (infact they are a very handy tool to knock down an intense fire front, and they have ued their monitors before to tackle scrub fires).

Keep in mind the foam on the ARFF fire tenders is a B class foam, which is designed to be used for Class B fires (flammable liquids). This foam will work on scrub fires, but is a very expensive option, especially compared to A Class foam.
Is DM Newburn the ARFF DM or a FESA guy..
FESA DM
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

2nd Alarm Secret Harbour

Secret Harbour Bvd did'nt catch the cross Street
Ground Ch 98

Rockingham 2nd HSR LT
Rockingham 1st MP LT
Mundaring LT
Bassendean 2nd LP LT

2320 Goldon Bay Control Said Bassendean 2nd Can Be Realeased in 15Minutes To Attend
2332 Rockingham 2nd Reports 2 hectors on fire manily grass
2338 Mundaring LT Responding
2343 Bassendean 2nd Mobile
Jem
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden
Bearcat UBC9000XLT (Base)
Bearcat UBC72XLT (Handheld)
Bearcat UBC760XLT (Mobile)

Post by Jem »

Air Intel investigating fire North Lake - Beeliar Regional Park
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Anyone know what is going on up at Bakers Hill?