Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

Post by Helitak_670 »

I saw the smoke from the airport from the weir fire, looked as if it was going pretty good. Appeared to be more on the Mundaring side.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Structure Fire early this morning 1 Adelaide Terrace, East Perh

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western ... 5934185886

Unknown on what Alarm it was or the units attended - assuming all Perth units including CLP.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Post by pacestick »

Whats happening in Perth herd something about a Train issue and the chaplain is on his way.
Police are taking video and photos of the incident.
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

pacestick wrote:Whats happening in Perth herd something about a Train issue and the chaplain is on his way.
Some ones been hit buy a train at Ledervile
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

pacestick wrote:Whats happening in Perth herd something about a Train issue and the chaplain is on his way.
As per mainroads update:
Entered: 5/10/2010 3:38:26 PM

POLICE INCIDENT – MITCHELL FREEWAY, LEEDERVILLE

Main Roads advises that two right lanes are currently blocked outbound on approach to the Leederville Train Station due to a Police incident.

Traffic is very heavy and building quickly from the city and the Northbridge Tunnel exits through to the site of the incident.

Update to follow.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Building Evac of Perth building in William Street and The Esplanade - 2 FRS crews on scene - 4 men in BA with yellow banned extinguishers.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

2 Heavy Rescue's on scene Leederville Station Perth 3rd and Daglish 2nd, 2 x Marked Cars UQ's and DM Metro.
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Success Pump and LT arrived at Structure Fire - Durrat Place in South Lake - arrived code 8-8 - 21:03

Murdoch Pump and LT enroute FIRECALL.

Murdoch SET enroute - 2104

2108 - SITREP from Success - Brick and Tile House - Going Well - 4 men in BA. Police requested.
2133 - SITREP from Success - Fire now under control.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

noddy

Post by noddy »

Structure fire Rockingham yesterday

Rockingham 1st Pump & Lt
Hope Valley Pump & Lt
Rockingham 2nd Pump & Lt

House fully involved, was my mates place.

Would anyone have recordings of the job?
Cheers
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western ... 5935446707

Nice picture of Brunswick Junction VFRS.
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Information from Main roads - Roads closed due to house fire in Thornlie -

Entered: 8/10/2010 7:53:42 AM

ROAD CLOSED DUE TO FIRE - SPENCER ROAD, THORNLIE

Main Roads advises that Spencer Road is currently closed between Yale Road and Selby Street in both directions due to a house fire in the area.

Emergency Services and traffic management services are on site.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

yorky

Post by yorky »

Appears that most stations are out north of the river at the moment.

There is a 3rd alarm scrub behind Waldecks Greenwood/Kingsley that Osborne Park + Daglish 1st + Joondalup 2.4 are at and they are informing that its hard to get water, requesting more Light Tankers however the nearest at this stage is Wanneroo. EDIT: Now determined to be a bike set alight in the bush that started it.

Malaga, Malaga 2.4 and Wangara plus someone else (Quinns?) and DM Swan and Wanneroo LT appear to be at another incident now (Gnagara?) blacking out. Duncraig also now responding to another incident.

EDIT: One of the LT's has now gone for a dip in the swamp.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

yorky wrote:EDIT: One of the LT's has now gone for a dip in the swamp.
Well that's embarrassing ;)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Well the tech was cancelled so I assume the situation was rectified. However Stations are still going job to job, Wangara informing 6AR that the crew are yet to eat their meals.

Duncraig and Joondalup back out to a smoke alarm, while a DBA goes off in Target Whitfords of which Malaga are currently trekking over too.

EDIT: Malaga needed to go via Duncraig for keys but now Duncraig are available and will race back to the station then to the DBA.

EDIT2: Duncraig LT will split up and go back to the station and race over to the DBA where the Pump will go.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

As I was at an in-law's this evening a pump/LT then a single cab 2.4U drove westbound down Gnangara Road, Landsdale under firecall conditions. I imagine it was Malaga's appliances on their way to the Greenwood fire? Police had blocked off Hepburn Ave eastbound between Cockman Road and Wanneroo Road when we drove by westbound at 10:30. Looked like at least Osborne Park and one other MP/HP and a number of other appliances (hidden in the bush) plus at least one marked and one unmarked WAPOL sedan and a marked 4wd with a varley pod.