Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2009/2010

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2009/2010

Post by gkoutlis »

Possible Structure Fire - Budget Rent Hire - Great Eastern Hwy, Burswood - Opposite the Rivervale Pub...

Kensington Pump and LT and Belmont Pump and LT Enroute Firecall.

UPDATE: Belmont Arrived - 6-6 timber burning - Not Structural - Standing down Kensington.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Anyone know where the fire was yesterday midland area?
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Nope but there was a strong smell on Lord street near harvey norman and at other points military road x Helena Valley Road depending on the wind...I was on a bike so it was a bit hard at times to tell which way the wind was blowing.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Tyranus wrote:Nope but there was a strong smell on Lord street near harvey norman and at other points military road x Helena Valley Road depending on the wind...I was on a bike so it was a bit hard at times to tell which way the wind was blowing.
Haha, it always stinks around there :P
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Fastlane wrote:
Tyranus wrote:Nope but there was a strong smell on Lord street near harvey norman and at other points military road x Helena Valley Road depending on the wind...I was on a bike so it was a bit hard at times to tell which way the wind was blowing.
Haha, it always stinks around there :P
Yeah the block place behind BGC and the Midland Cattle Yards don't always smell the best, but it was definately freshly burnt ground I was smelling.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
brocks

Post by brocks »

maybe it was last sundays fire at the back of the cattle yards near hazlemere bushmead x stirling not that far from where you are talking about :idea: burnt pasture can have a smell for quite a while didnt hear nothing on scanner friday when i was listening but that dont mean much :smt002
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Not sure on the Fire Classification as yet, but there appears to be a large bushfire in Jarradale as a result of lightning strikes early this morning.

This just in from the FESA alerts:
Bushfire ADVICE for Albany Highway east of Jarrahdale10:13 26/02/2010, Alerts: Alerts
Category: Fire
Alert Summary: A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling along Albany Highway and Jarrahdale Road for a fire 10 kilometres east-north-east of Jarrahdale.
Content:

ALERT LEVEL:
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling along Albany Highway and Jarrahdale Road for a fire 10 kilometres east-north-east of Jarrahdale.
The fire has burnt through approximately 2.5 hectares.
No private property is threatened by the fire. Although there is no immediate danger you need to keep up to date in case the situation changes.
The Department of Environment and Conservation (DEC) will release further advice as the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
People travelling in the area need to be alert and aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site and take their advice.
BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR:
The fire is burning in State forest and well away from private property. It started following lightning strikes earlier this morning.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:

DEC fire crews are on the scene. They are being supported by water bombers and are using heavy earth moving machines to track the fire.
ROAD CLOSURES:
No roads are closed but motorists are asked to reduce speed and drive carefully because of
AGENCY RESPONSIBLE:
DEC is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:

Call 1300 657 209, visit www.dec.wa.gov.au or www.fesa.wa.gov.au or listen to local radio news bulletins.
Publication Time: 26/02/2010 10:05 AM
Expiration Time: 28/02/2010 9:00 PM
Incident Name: Albany Highway Bushfire East of Jarrahdale - 26/02/2010 10:05 AM
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

lol. 2.5ha isn't large :P
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Fastlane wrote:lol. 2.5ha isn't large :P
Thanks Fastlane, I shall rephrase it just for you - a decent sized fire..... :D

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Blast in Northbridge Cafe...

Very lucky that the injuries and number of people hurt were not higher...

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western ... 5834731722

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Bushfire in Bindoon & Mooliabeenee;
Bushfire ADVICE for Bindoon and Mooliabeenee16:20 26/02/2010, Alerts: Alerts
Category: Fire
Alert Summary: A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people near the Bindoon Moora Road and Wells Glover Road for a fire that has started in the Mooliabeenee and Bindoon region in the Shire of Chittering.
Content:
ALERT LEVEL:
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people near the Bindoon Moora Road and Wells Glover Road for a fire that has started in the Mooliabeenee and Bindoon region in the Shire of Chittering.

There are no lives or homes threatened by the fire. Although there is no immediate danger you need to keep up to date in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
People living in the area need to be alert and watch for signs of fire.
You should:
· Close all doors and windows
· Turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible
People living in the area need to be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site and take their advice.
BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR:
The bushfire is moving in a northerly direction and is not contained or under control.

WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
Bush Fire Service firefighters from Bindoon, Lower Chittering, Wannamal and the Shire of Chittering are on the scene.
Two helitac helicopters have been mobilised to assist ground crews.
The incident was reported at 2.16 pm today.
ROAD CLOSURES:
No roads are closed but motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Further clarification should be sought from WA Police or Main Roads WA on 138 138.
AGENCY RESPONSIBLE:
Shire of Chittering
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Call 1300 657 209, visit www.fesa.wa.gov.au or listen to news bulletins.
Publication Time: 26/02/2010 4:15 PM
Expiration Time: 28/02/2010 10:00 PM
Incident Name: Bindoon Mooliabeenee Bushfire - 26/02/2010 4:05 PM
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

cat21

Post by cat21 »

Just been told that theres a fairly big fire near Cunderdin, units from Northam and Grass Valley etc on their way but my scanner can't pick up anything that far away... does anyone know any more? Tried to get hold of the other half but he's out fighting it and the mobile reception is pretty ordinary:(
pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Post by pacestick »

cat21 wrote:Just been told that theres a fairly big fire near Cunderdin, units from Northam and Grass Valley etc on their way but my scanner can't pick up anything that far away... does anyone know any more? Tried to get hold of the other half but he's out fighting it and the mobile reception is pretty ordinary:(
I dont think Grass Valley turned out to the fire but was on stand by as well as the other brigades in Northam Shire because of the lightning.
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE
colin
150+ posts
150+ posts
Amateur callsign: VK6FITN
Scanners and Receivers: RTL2832U with RTL_Airband
Tait 8200

Post by colin »

I was travelling home at about 2100 and heard grass valley advise 6IP that they had returned to the shed.
pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Post by pacestick »

colin wrote:I was travelling home at about 2100 and heard grass valley advise 6IP that they had returned to the shed.
ok yeh they had there truck out most of the arvo because of awater pipe that had to be fixed by water corp, Water corp needed the truck there because of the movment/hotworks ban
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE