Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2009/2010

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

SmashedXR6T

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2009/2010

Post by SmashedXR6T »

wizzard wrote:
SmashedXR6T wrote:does anyone know where abouts welshpool 1st, 2nd and canning vale 24 are at?

scrub fire kent st x queen st in cannington
sounds like it just got upgraded to 3rd alarm,
welshpool 1st
welshpool 2nd
canning vale
canning vale 24
dm perth
dm cockburn sound
requesting helitaks
requesting dec
Last edited by SmashedXR6T on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Massive black smoke plume from Rockingham area. G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

SmashedXR6T wrote:
wizzard wrote:
SmashedXR6T wrote:does anyone know where abouts welshpool 1st, 2nd and canning vale 24 are at?

scrub fire kent st x queen st in cannington
sounds like it just got upgraded to 3rd alarm,
welshpool 1st
welshpool 2nd
canning vale
canning vale 24
dm hills
dm cockburn sound
requesting helitaks
requesting dec
Fireground channel 98
helitac 668 arrived
Control point Fern Road.
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
TrainFreak

Post by TrainFreak »

Helitac's 668,669 and 681 attended blaze
bakerboy

Post by bakerboy »

Freo surf club bud
BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BFB LT1 »

Any info on the fire rockingham way? Location, alarm clasification ect....
Seemed both fires today cannington and rockingham way were both contained fairly quickly. Well done to all crews in such heat today to get on top of things very quickly!!
Crippled
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Anyone know where Perth 2nd and Perth LT1 are heading to?

Seen them from my office in the City - Fire Call heading up St.Georges Tce (Kings Park way).

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Fire west of Denmark today. Now under control. Observed William Bay 2.4 en-route to it. Two water bombers from Albany were used. Channels known to be used were 8 (midband) for water bombers and 173 (WAERN).
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

gkoutlis wrote:Drove past a big crash last night on the way home approx 10:30pm.

Two Cars - completley demolished Traffic Light at Tonkin Hwy and Armadale Rd.

SJA I believe would have left before we drove past, FRS Pump and LT (old Mazda type?) using hose reel for a smouldering vehicle.

G
hmm mazda, thats odd, as yeah it was Armadale 2nd (yay) HRS and LT and Madington MP and LT. so which one of these looks like a mazda, as yeah a mazda has a rear pump, and both of these trucks have side pumps. hmmmmm
----BUDDAH VFRS----
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Yeah sorry, it's the best I could do as I was driving and it was dark - and the lights at that intersection were flashing amber, so had to traverse carefully... But it didn't look like your conventional new Medium Pumps or HSR's.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

gkoutlis wrote:Yeah sorry, it's the best I could do as I was driving and it was dark - and the lights at that intersection were flashing amber, so had to traverse carefully... But it didn't look like your conventional new Medium Pumps or HSR's.

G
Madington had a series 4 scania MP69
Armadale 2nd have a series 1 HSR old GPA HSR08
----BUDDAH VFRS----
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Bassendean enroute Firecall - Possible Structure Fire - next to Formula One Apartments, Great Eastern Hwy, Redcliffe.

Belmont Pump and LT enroute also.

UPDATE 21:52 - Belmont called SITREP - Nil Structure Fire - small scrub fire as a result of cigarette butt. Extinguished by persons - Belmont and Bassendean are returning in 5 mins.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

gkoutlis wrote:Bassendean enroute Firecall - Possible Structure Fire - next to Formula One Apartments, Great Eastern Hwy, Redcliffe.

Belmont Pump and LT enroute also.

UPDATE 21:52 - Belmont called SITREP - Nil Structure Fire - small scrub fire as a result of cigarette butt. Extinguished by persons - Belmont and Bassendean are returning in 5 mins.

G
Did someone mention anti-climax? :lol: well at least it's not people displaced from home or heaven forbid from work. Also just goes to show smoking can kill in more ways than one.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

So, just saw (presumably) Mt Helena 3.4 and light tanker go past lights and sirens - anyone got any info?

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
melg

Post by melg »

yes Meg they are on the way to fire Soneville Rd & Cameron Rd Gidgeganup. Swan chief has requested 3.4 & 4.4's, Ive heard chidlow, gidgie, Mt Helena etc all turned out. (I turned on 6AR because there was strong smell of smoke here in Brigadoon! hell it's windy)

Fire ground channel 34
Last edited by melg on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.