General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

yorky

Re: General fire discussions

Post by yorky »

I would try one of the other channels: http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t= ... 472#p76472
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Few fires in the North subs tonight. Two Rocks and Yanchep?? And apparantly Morrison Rd, Midland. Anyone know more? G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

I can hear the explosions from the Welshpool trucks fire. After the first couple I thought they were fireworks from Cannington or Gloucester Park but then realised they weren't sharp enough or of a regular enough occurrence.
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Does anyone know what frequency channel 96 is for FESA?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Jem
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden
Bearcat UBC9000XLT (Base)
Bearcat UBC72XLT (Handheld)
Bearcat UBC760XLT (Mobile)

Post by Jem »

96 is 76.1250 Local Simplex
yorky

Post by yorky »

Should be 76.125.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Jem wrote:96 is 76.1250 Local Simplex
You're an Angel - thank you [-o<

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Jem
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden
Bearcat UBC9000XLT (Base)
Bearcat UBC72XLT (Handheld)
Bearcat UBC760XLT (Mobile)

Post by Jem »

SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

Have comcen split up between 6AR & 6IP??? apparantly West Swan has called a 2nd scrub in whiteman somewhere, but you can only hear 6AR talking without West Swan responses on either 55 or the new waern channel
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

SmashedXR6T wrote:Have comcen split up between 6AR & 6IP??? apparantly West Swan has called a 2nd scrub in whiteman somewhere, but you can only hear 6AR talking without West Swan responses on either 55 or the new waern channel
No idea, but I'm picking up exactly as what you described - can only hear 6AR only for some transmitions and not units such as West Swan like normal...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

yorky

Post by yorky »

Might be something to do with somebody (I believe Wanneroo) continually speaking through to another unit, 6AR advised they were on 6AR/6IP but didn't get a response on several occasions.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

yorky wrote:Might be something to do with somebody (I believe Wanneroo) continually speaking through to another unit, 6AR advised they were on 6AR/6IP but didn't get a response on several occasions.
That's right - before the Welshpool incident - I believe it was Wanneroo ICV - but never acknowledged the calls of 6AR/6IP.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Anyone know any more info on the large fire in Yanchep? Alot of resources going.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

melg

Post by melg »

OMG why cant I get onto 6ar streaming?? I'm in Brigadoon and I'm trying to track this fire comming towards us! The sun is blocked out very smokey helitaks and bombers flying over very scary
yorky

Post by yorky »

I've posted in the correct thread so hopefully something can be sorted out.