typical!

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

chrissss

typical!

Post by chrissss »

=D>
Last edited by chrissss on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bundy
Amateur callsign: VK6FABD

Post by Bundy »

Gday Chriss,

I heard a big fire happening around midday today, didnt catch where abouts, heard Mundaring turning out and welshpool too.
I know they set up an ICV, cant remember where though.

Can you help fill in the blanks

Bundy
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Are you talking about the Soyers(spelling!) Valley fire? Had a lot of pumps there. Was about 5 acres of bush.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Wow - did the Sawyers one start at midday? They called us about 6pm... Long time for 5 acres, even with blackout.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

A few weeks ago up this way (v8 supercars week), was probably busiest week I can remember in years.

Quiet all summer, then when winter nears, it gets busy..
rich

typical

Post by rich »

It's the same for us we haven't had much all season and wev'e had
3 calls in 2 days
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Generally for me, theres no fires but when i go out somewhere theres one.
Beachie

Post by Beachie »

JG-103 wrote:Generally for me, theres no fires but when i go out somewhere theres one.
Be careful what you say, we may think you're the one lighting them :D
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

:roll:
Last edited by chrissss on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

went to that fire in casurina today was almost first turnout well 2nd alarm so yer was good hittin head flames the whole time wind was bad as............weird in winter get 4 fires in 1 fortnight in summer we would be lucky to get that a month and all 4 have be full turnout
no assist sept for today well we basically ran the show from start to finish anyways

chris
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

stupid arsonist :?
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

chrissss wrote: its amazing though we got a paid frs station put in the middle of our area and we wnet from 129 callouts lats year including assists to like 30 fires including assists!!!! probably more than 30 but im guessing it wasnt much more mabe 50 but yer!!!
Won't be completely down to that. Stats *EVERYWHERE* are waaaay down on last season.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Oakford vbfb has been pretty busy lately with people doing burn offs and it gettin away from em. of the ones recently that we've had they've been burn offs that have got away too!
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

yer i think 3 out of control burns and 2 delibtrate fires thats just ina fortnight!!!
well i suppose its all over now till bushfire season 06/07 but i shouldnt speak too soon