W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: W.A Fire Appliances

Post by dlcat1 »

Fastlane wrote:
dlcat1 wrote:
ace of spades wrote: But, on the Scania pumps there is a constant flow (very small compared to the over flow) that as fastlane as said prevents from over heating. The mazda's don't do it thus that is why you must crack one of the deliveries when the PTO is engaged and when you are not pumping water to stop the pump over heating.
Ours (ex DEC gang trucks and HDs) have a recirc valve behind the pump near the tank for this.

Guess BFS might have something similar.
Only good if you are using water from the tank though (as it recircs into the tank). If you are using a hydrant it'll result in you overflowing your tank (much more water than cracking open a delivery or the flow ace of spades talks about)
True, but I haven't yet seen a plantation with a hydrant. :lol: Also tends to foam the tank up if some ..... has put wetting agent in it cos the foam proportioner is stuffed.
kwn

Post by kwn »

what are the new scanias and where are they being sent to? the ones that are currently being built with the white roofs??
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

where are they being built?
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
firie163

Post by firie163 »

The new Scanias are the replacements for the old series Heavy pumps. So those stations that currently run a heavy pump will be replaced with one of these new appliances. They are being constructed at WA Fire Appliances. Also after the heavy's are replaced, they will be starting to replace the Series 3 MP's.
bombill

Post by bombill »

That sounds like fantastic news firie163, can you share with us which heavy pumps have been replaced to date, and which series 3 scanias will be replaced?
kwn

Post by kwn »

i saw the new scanias yesterday they look quite good with the white roofs. the bloke said they take up to 6 months to build due to the electronics in them. i think that they had about 4 on the go.
Sinbin

Post by Sinbin »

do you know if Bunbury 1st is getting there MPHR replaced with a new scania?
Bunbury VFRS
CP11 & LT300
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

My guess (and it's just a guess) is no.

The latest budget talks about new Career appliances for Eglinton (Butler) and Ellenbrook (both now complete), new appliances for a Career station at Australind, half-life refurb for CLPs, and Medium Pumper, Light Tanker and GPA replacements.
Sinbin

Post by Sinbin »

australind is getting a career station???
means even less call outs for me :(
thanks for your help WPXZBP
Bunbury VFRS
CP11 & LT300
bombill

Post by bombill »

I think there is a lot of guessing going on here!!!!!!!!!!!!
ace of spades

Post by ace of spades »

The appliance replacement schedule is now in full swing. Bassendean and Belmont have new pumps, and they will all be the same (phasing out of the medium and heavy pumps, they will all be heavys). I believe Perth is in the process off getting qualified on the new pump to replace there old heavy and after that stations like Kensington, Midland, Armadale, Fremantle, Duncraig should be getting there very old pumps replaced in the next year or so but that may all change. Butler already has a new pump, Ellenbrook will have to factored in though the rumour is they are going to make it MPHR as well and Australind is still a bit away but yes they need to take that into consideration.

On your question about the Bunbury MPHR, I also believe that there will be no new one for them as the pump they have is not that old it is only the back or the locker etc that are old (refurbished off old Acco pumps) but the truck itself is not that old compared to others and as everyone knows the LT replacement is in full swing which is usually the case.

Hope this helps
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

bombill wrote:I think there is a lot of guessing going on here!!!!!!!!!!!!
And is there anything wrong with that?
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
CobCob

Post by CobCob »

WPXZBP wrote:My guess (and it's just a guess) is no.

The latest budget talks about new Career appliances for Eglinton (Butler) and Ellenbrook (both now complete), new appliances for a Career station at Australind, half-life refurb for CLPs, and Medium Pumper, Light Tanker and GPA replacements.
Are you saying the pumps are completed or the stations
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

CobCob wrote:Are you saying the pumps are completed or the stations
According to the budget docs they are complete. It could mean the funding outlay only. It could mean the appliances have been paid for and they have been relocated. I'm just going off what the budget says.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

People - there's a misunderstanding that crops up on this forum from time to time, which is that this is somehow an "official" forum for emergency services and thus members of the forum are not entitled to post comments, opinions or otherwise.

This is not the case. People are welcome to do these things in a polite manner.

However, conversely, the WARSUG mods don't permit abusive comments directed at other members to happen on these boards, so a couple of posts have been removed from this thread.

Please feel free to discuss WA Fire Appliances in this thread, but don't turn this into a slanging match - I'm sure there are other places on the Internet you can take that behavior to.

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator