Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2008/2009

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Re: Significant bush/scrub fires 2008/2009

Post by gkoutlis »

2nd Alarm Scrub Fire - Office Rd?? Rockingham 1st incident controller at the moment - Rockingham 2nd HSR Firecall Conditions and other vehicles - Channel 97 Fireground.

G
MBFB

Post by MBFB »

gkoutlis wrote:2nd Alarm Scrub Fire - Office Rd?? Rockingham 1st incident controller at the moment - Rockingham 2nd HSR Firecall Conditions and other vehicles - Channel 97 Fireground.

G
office road cross of patterson east Rockingham its in the same area where the last few fires have been. (lodge drive, alumina road)
MBFB

Post by MBFB »

2nd alarm scrub fire ashley drive kelmscott.. Armadale 1st in attendance. armadale 2nd and rolleystone bfb enroute also
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

[quote="gkoutlis"]2nd Alarm Scrub Fire - Office Rd?? Rockingham 1st incident controller at the moment - Rockingham 2nd HSR Firecall Conditions and other vehicles - Channel 97 Fireground.

G[/quote]

+ Hope Valley
+ Rockingham 2nd LT
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

[quote="gkoutlis"]2nd Alarm Scrub Fire - Office Rd?? Rockingham 1st incident controller at the moment - Rockingham 2nd HSR Firecall Conditions and other vehicles - Channel 97 Fireground.

G[/quote]

Rockingham 1st actually attended this call without an incident, logged a call with 6AR - glad they did
gkoutlis

Re: Major structure fires (3rd alarm and above) 2008/2009

Post by gkoutlis »

Not sure if anyone heard approx 15:30ish (Saturday arvo) - Large fire - Unsure if it was structural in Como - Large plumes of black smoke in the residential area bordering the South Bound Lanes of the Kwinana Fwy. Quite a few units seen heading there, also noted Murdoch Pump as well. I was heading to the motorplex but smoke was think over the Fwy (around the Bus/Train Station - Canning Hwy)..

G
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

gkoutlis wrote:Not sure if anyone heard approx 15:30ish (Saturday arvo) - Large fire - Unsure if it was structural in Como - Large plumes of black smoke in the residential area bordering the South Bound Lanes of the Kwinana Fwy. Quite a few units seen heading there, also noted Murdoch Pump as well. I was heading to the motorplex but smoke was think over the Fwy (around the Bus/Train Station - Canning Hwy)..

G
My mother commented on this yesterday, and believe it was a truck on fire, on the freeway
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

wizzard wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Not sure if anyone heard approx 15:30ish (Saturday arvo) - Large fire - Unsure if it was structural in Como - Large plumes of black smoke in the residential area bordering the South Bound Lanes of the Kwinana Fwy. Quite a few units seen heading there, also noted Murdoch Pump as well. I was heading to the motorplex but smoke was think over the Fwy (around the Bus/Train Station - Canning Hwy)..

G
My mother commented on this yesterday, and believe it was a truck on fire, on the freeway
Enroute to Kwinana Motorplex from Canning Hwy, Como, the thick black smoke looked as if it were coming more from the Residential Area, as traffic was traveling very well (southbound)...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

gkoutlis wrote:
wizzard wrote:

G
Enroute to Kwinana Motorplex from Canning Hwy, Como, the thick black smoke looked as if it were coming more from the Residential Area, as traffic was traveling very well (southbound)...

G
Seen photos. small truck northbound fully on fire, in emergency lane, north of canning highway, where lanes go from 4 lanes to 3
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

2nd Alarm Scrub - Reid Hwy Malaga? and Mirrabooka Ave. Malaga Pump and LT and I think one other unit assisting.

G
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2008/2009

Post by written_ficton »

Seen photos
Link?
I've closed the door!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Must either be Daglish [responding now via normal road after 6AR mentioned they have called back, saying fire is out]

Or Perth 2nd that has just entered the mitchell freeway - got picture - will post tommorow

Wilco
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Perth 2nd to scrub fire

- Malaga Pump
- Malaga Lt
- Malaga 2.4
- Perth 2nd

No channel for fire ground
gkoutlis

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2008/2009

Post by gkoutlis »

Welshpool 2nd in attendance of 2nd Alarm Structural Fire - Full Envolved - 3 Rooms going well - unsure location apart from - Suburb = Leeming. There may be another appliance assisting as well.

Fire is under-control as of 17:10

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Perth 2nd and Wangara moving to a report of another fire just north of their location (Mirrabooka Ave), smoke is visible.

UPDATE: 17:57 - Helitac 668 and 667 departed Marangaroo heading back to Perth Airport (Mirabooka incident) - Osborne Park standing down and returning to station. Helitac 668 advised 6AR fire in the North - possibly Two Rocks..

G