Refreshments at fires, etc.

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Refreshments at fires, etc.

Post by treeny »

I was sent down to Rockingham during the storms last winter and for our lunch on a cold, wet windy day we got........warm Dominos. Now i like pizza as much as the next vollie sitting next to me in the cruiser, but when you are chasing sustenance for the remainder of a shift, u want something with a little more to it. i found myself eating 4 slices and saying to my mate, well, wots next......mind you there was only 5 teams out that day so it was up to Rockingham SES to decide on welfare.

i think they made a bad choice. dont go with fast food on callouts. not a good idea
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

Reminds me of the Port Kennedy fires, Eagle Boys or Domino's provided pizza's to help out the salvo's who were working overtime to churn food out for everyone. Next time i came back into control to collect some for my sector, all i was met with was empty pizza boxes, damn REMF's hoed down on them. Don't think the FRS guys on my sector were to happy when we came back with Uncle Tobies Muslie Bars instead of pizza, hahaha. Still waiting to this day to get a slice.

Chooky
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

at pk in our sector we had like 15 pizzas between like 20 trucks!
was ridiculous.
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

we had ham and cheese toasted sandwiches and bacon and egg burgers that SES brought out at PK
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

One afternoon last year during Rockingham storms, we were working on a big job - 3 storey block of flats with half the roof gone, when a guy came up to us with a catering platter from Subway. I still don't know who he was or where he was from, but it was definitely appreciated, and there were even some suitable for us veges :P
Bigfella78

Post by Bigfella78 »

At the brookdale/Darling downs fire this year I was sitting the 7.2 for 6 hours. I rang my Eagle boys store and got one of the staff to deliver some pizzas on his way home.
A52

"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not following you"