W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Re: W.A Fire Appliances

Post by Fastlane »

SmashedXR6T wrote:does anyone know the reason behind the new HP's (Hope Valley, Belmont, Bassendean) having the white l.e.d's in addition to the mixed red & blue l.e.d on the front of there appliances?
perhaps 'coz a bright white flash is extremely visible?
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

Fastlane wrote:
SmashedXR6T wrote:does anyone know the reason behind the new HP's (Hope Valley, Belmont, Bassendean) having the white l.e.d's in addition to the mixed red & blue l.e.d on the front of there appliances?
perhaps 'coz a bright white flash is extremely visible?
gez... i would never believe that fesa could think of something so simple as this!?!
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

The DPI regulations re: emergency vehicle lighting clearly state that red, white and blue may be used by priority one vehicles.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

are you sure hope valley has it?
i thought they had standard red and blues, i saw it on friday
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

yeah mate hope valley definatly has white leds on front grill
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

hope valley has always had them
i think it may be a Heavy Pump thing.
definitely visible
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

They may appear white, but when under firecall conditions they are indeed red & blue
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

written_ficton wrote:They may appear white, but when under firecall conditions they are indeed red & blue

WF is correct - I have loads of Pics here that I took whilst at Motorplex last yr.

http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5286

They appear clear, but when activated, they are indeed red and blue!

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

Realfire is on the money. Hope Valley pump has white LEDs on the front that flash white. It also has a red/blue LEDs next to these which flash red/white.

G, if you look at your photos you will notice 4 LEDs along the front of the grill (2 at either side). The outer ones flash red/blue, the inner one flash white.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Does it matter if they are pink, yellow, blue or Black?????

As long as they get to where they are going, quickly and efficiently I dont mind if they have all the rainbow lights flashing....

edited for clarity
I've closed the door!
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

hey if a pink truck came towards you with purple and pink lights, it would stand out a bit, and yeah maybys cars will get out of its way
----BUDDAH VFRS----
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Pink Firetruck reminds me of Midtown Madness.

I noticed one of the 2.4s down at Bridgetown (think it was Irishtown) had LEDs on the side of the roo bar that flashed white as well as blue and red.

Very bright and definitely got your attention but I bet it would give you a headache if you had to follow it at night.
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

I have just been browsing through the FESA vehicles and equipment page on their site and i noticed a few trucks there that i have never seen before. They are the

Medium Tanker - Isuzu FSS 500 4x4 Single Cab
General Purpose Appliance - Isuzu FSS 500 4x4 Single Cab
General Purpose Appliance - Isuzu FSS 550 4x4 Crew Cab

All are based on the old version of the truck (before they were decent trucks :P )

Does any know wot happened to them, as i seem to remember seeing the Medium tanker at Canningvale once before. Have they been replaced by another vehicle? perhaps 2.4's

I also found these pics in my internet travels. An old SET based at Perth and a HRT also based at perth

SET http://www.nachohat.org/albums/perth_fi ... CT0019.jpg
HRT http://www.nachohat.org/albums/perth_fi ... CT0009.jpg
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

treeny wrote:I have just been browsing through the FESA vehicles and equipment page on their site and i noticed a few trucks there that i have never seen before. They are the

Medium Tanker - Isuzu FSS 500 4x4 Single Cab
General Purpose Appliance - Isuzu FSS 500 4x4 Single Cab
General Purpose Appliance - Isuzu FSS 550 4x4 Crew Cab

All are based on the old version of the truck (before they were decent trucks :P )

Does any know wot happened to them, as i seem to remember seeing the Medium tanker at Canningvale once before. Have they been replaced by another vehicle? perhaps 2.4's

I also found these pics in my internet travels. An old SET based at Perth and a HRT also based at perth

SET http://www.nachohat.org/albums/perth_fi ... CT0019.jpg
HRT http://www.nachohat.org/albums/perth_fi ... CT0009.jpg
Old pictures and appliances... Medium Tanker was renamed 2.4U some years ago, although the name gets interchanged regularly. You'll also hear the GPA's referred to as 2.4U or 3.4U depending on how much water they carry. These trucks are still about, in the metro area they are at Mundaring, Armadale 2nd and Rockingham 2nd. The new 'build' of this appliance is the HSR, or Hazmat Structural Rescue appliance.
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

thanks fastlane. i thought the new equivalent of them might have been the 2.4 and 3.4.

what about the HRT, is that still around or has that been replaced by an HSR too?

i have heard those brigades you mentioned calling in as HSR-??. does that mean they have been renamed or are they new appliances?
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE