W.A Fire Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

are there any pics of the new CFRS 2.4's
----BUDDAH VFRS----
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Buddah -

www.ozfire.org

or

wafire.fotopic.net
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

im not sure if im correct but im pretty sure i saw a series 4 mp at armadale station 2 weeks ago.couldve been the spare mp but not sure.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

chrissss wrote:im not sure if im correct but im pretty sure i saw a series 4 mp at armadale station 2 weeks ago.couldve been the spare mp but not sure.
yeah that is correct, armadale normal MP was in workshops, the series 4 got changed over for a series 3, but not armadales normal series 3 pump
----BUDDAH VFRS----
chrissss

Re: BRTs and other appliances

Post by chrissss »

freo 1st had a V8 Lt today
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

chrissss wrote:freo 1st had a V8 Lt today
Thats there usual tanker now chriss.

Also the FRS trial 1.4 is based at Hope Valley for the next few months
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Tom Price should take delivery of their new 3.4 in a few days, a shiny new, all white Isuzu. I drove along side it atop a flat bed trailer, on Roe Hwy this afternoon, heading out of town along with a stack of mining and industrial hardware.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

with the trial FRS 1.4 do they run an extra two people to man it or when does it turn out coz i know hopevalleys is sitting at the rear of the station not actually in place of the light tanker but as an extra vehicle.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Would be at the SO's discretion, with some direction from DM and Tech Services. May also need some training/instruction for all crew before using it as is the norm with any new vehicle in FRS.
Extremely(!!!) unlikely they would have extra crew for itm would be in place of crewing the LT.
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

chrisss the 1.4 does not have extra crew as it is a trial vehicle but ive heard that it is a piece of snot in regards to urban fire fighting in the way of access to fires and its 4wd capability so crews would rather use the lt
Jonesy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCT9, Tait 2020/8200, GME 80Ch UHF

Post by Jonesy »

realfirie wrote:chrisss the 1.4 does not have extra crew as it is a trial vehicle but ive heard that it is a piece of snot in regards to urban fire fighting in the way of access to fires and its 4wd capability so crews would rather use the lt
Saw them using it a a scrub fire last friday, thought to myself what the hell is that coming down the road at me on the way home from work..

Like anything, it will take a while for a fair and just trial to take place. People dont like change, its a fact of life. On paper, their are obvious merits for both the LT and 1.4 style units. These are used in both urban and rural environments in other states and are an important part of the fleet. it may be a case of having to adapt our ways of combating incidents to use these types of appliances effectively. If this occurs, with an overall benfit on fire suppression effectiveness, is this then worth making the chnage???
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Alot of 1.4s are used here in the RFS (Cat 7 appliance) and other than the amount of water and people/equipment carrying, I think the LTs are a much better appliance. Here the equivalent, a Cat 9, is considered a mop up appliance. I do think the Cat 7s have a place, but I think they should use Cat9/LTs more here, particularly areas like my district - imagine darling scarp and worse in terms of terrain.

I also think in some areas in WA, 1.4s/Cat 7s could be used more. As I said, the amount of equipment they carry is a big benefit. I think this would be good for regional FRS in a rescue role, where big distances are involved, but I think around outer metro, the main benefit would be the increased water capacity.

The point I disagree with you on mainly is changing firefighting tactics to suit the appliance. I have seen LTs at the head of many a fire, and manage to stop its progression, something the right crew with an LT can do very well. If changing the tactics improves suppression, ok, but not just to suit an appliance.
Bigfella78

Post by Bigfella78 »

I saw a Landcrusier today with Fesa LRV on the side driving up St Georges Tce this morning?

It had one of those trademates on the back and it must of been full of something are it was riding really low on the rear axle. Perth 3rd were following it somewhere.

Anyone know what it is? I didn't have my phone or I would of grabbed a pic.
A52

"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not following you"
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Perth Line Rescue Vehicle,
It would have been full of ropes, slings, rope rescue hardware (descenders, ascenders karabiners etc.) Probably a tripod and basket stretcher too.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
SmashedXR6T

Re: W.A Fire Appliances

Post by SmashedXR6T »

does anyone know the reason behind the new HP's (Hope Valley, Belmont, Bassendean) having the white l.e.d's in addition to the mixed red & blue l.e.d on the front of there appliances?