Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2008/2009

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

jasonjag
Banned

Person deceased Trapped rolled over tractor

Post by jasonjag »

Midland and Welshpool FRS attending a Rolled over tractor in West Swan, Person trapped underneath, Midland advises 6AR that it is a 90 Deceased, Malaga stood down, 1225. jj

Edit.Midland request 6AR urgently get the Pastor to the scene as family gathering, 1240 jj
Millsy

Re:

Post by Millsy »

Smithy wrote:Realfirie that road block in settlers hills was due to a suicide.
rockingham 1st turned out for special assistance eg cleaning up the mess.
FRS actually turned out to sort out the problem of the gas filled home.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: Person deceased Trapped rolled over tractor

Post by Tyranus »

jasonjag wrote:Midland and Welshpool FRS attending a Rolled over tractor in West Swan, Person trapped underneath, Midland advises 6AR that it is a 90 Deceased, Malaga stood down, 1225. jj

Edit.Midland request 6AR urgently get the Pastor to the scene as family gathering, 1240 jj
Heard that one, Midland SO sounded pretty stressed. Welshpool 2nd was backup and was told normal road and Malaga as JJ said was told to stand down altogether. Didn't hear the request for chaplain, but I was under the impression he turned out by default to 90's
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
ace of spades

Post by ace of spades »

[quote="jasonjag"]Midland and Welshpool FRS attending a Rolled over tractor in West Swan, Person trapped underneath, Midland advises 6AR that it is a 90 Deceased, Malaga stood down, 1225. jj

Edit.Midland request 6AR urgently get the Pastor to the scene as family gathering, 1240 jj[/quote]

Thats no good. Midland also had a bad MVA in Gidge this morning. Rescue 65 and all
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

Tyranus wrote:
jasonjag wrote:Midland and Welshpool FRS attending a Rolled over tractor in West Swan, Person trapped underneath, Midland advises 6AR that it is a 90 Deceased, Malaga stood down, 1225. jj

Heard that one, Midland SO sounded pretty stressed. Welshpool 2nd was backup and was told normal road and Malaga as JJ said was told to stand down altogether. Didn't hear the request for chaplain, but I was under the impression he turned out by default to 90's
Edit:, I shall re Phase it, as "Tyranus quoted, Midland SO was pretty stressed out(by the tone of his voice) when he called 6AR and asked had the Pastor been notified and how soon would he get thare as the Family were becomming very stressed, 6AR answer was, he was on his way. jj

There has been another Fatal, Joondalup Frs attended and also the Paster tonight around 2000. jj
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Tyranus wrote:

As reported in the media today, sadly, the deceased was the Mayor of the City of Swan.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... 427259.htm
jasonjag
Banned

Car V Pole Kwinana Freeway

Post by jasonjag »

Car V a Light Pole, near Canning bridge off ramp, on Kwinana Freeway, Murdoch Pump is in attendance, waiting on Police, 6AR notified Main Roads re Pole. 1637 jj
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: oh ok

Post by BuddahFRS »

jasonjag wrote:
Fastlane wrote:Hills is his area, not his surname.
Oh ok, well I do not know any where as much about fesa as many of you do, and i have often hear things like a surname used, so though the same, to me they are all fesa firies, sorry about that,, jj

Question,why did i hear clearly 6AR call Murdoch DM Hills, who then replied by radio who said he was then on his way, , same i hear Tech XXXXX called, ??
and another question, why did Buddah re post all the appliances attending to where, when i had reported the story earlier ? was not my info thread clear enough on what was happening, even though I know little about Fesa convo, jj
Sorry about the re-post, i did not see your one on the other page.

and with the DM's, they are either called by there name, or area. for example, our dm is either DM Millar, or DM Perth hills south.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
teztink

Re: Large fire henderson

Post by teztink »

jasonjag wrote:Canningvale FRS, Fremantle 2nd attending some thing at Jandakot Airport.. 1250 Made contact with Tower.

EDIT, CV FRS asked 6AR where the ambulance is, must be a light AC in trouble ? 1300. jj

Caningvale FRS Advise 6AR of Safe landing, no longer required, returning to station 1334 jj

A large fire has been burning for most of day around Henderson, and Secret Harbour, Rockingham Frs, Rocking 2nd , IVC, and Secret Harbour FRS is the Control, several FRS units have been in attendance plus 60 Vollies, Crews asked 6AR requested a Tech to repair some hoses, 1430 jj
Mandurah 2nd joining in SH Fire. 1501 jj

Baldivis 4.4, 2.2 and light tanker requested by Rockingham deputy 1, they already there, lol. Baldivis 4.4 being sent elswhere now. 1600 crews mopping up 1605 jj
Rockingham deputy 1 was mobilised to meet Rockingham 1st at another fire in Baldivis that broke out and he requested that the above listed Baldivis trucks be released from Secret Harbour which was in mopup phase at that point in time. Hope that helps :)
gkoutlis

Re: Other minor fires/incidents etc - 2008/2009

Post by gkoutlis »

Major crash in Yokine, possibly 2 vehicles with at least 2 people trapped. Confirmed Ozzie Park turn out Emergency Road conditions, and I think it was Malaga??? - Intersection of Flinders and Royal Street - approx 21:10.

Numerous WAPOL vehicles closing streets around intersection - SJA Team Leader enroute from Wannerroo Rd Mt.Lawley/Nth Perth.

Called up Turbo to let him know about this, and beleive he is at scene.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Had Perth Second I'm pretty sure do Firecall conditions along Guildford road heading towards Bayswater, but then about 5-10 minutes later when I was walking across Wellington Square I saw them driving back up Bennett St and onto Wellington. (Thought it was Perth No. 3, but there was only Fire & Rescue on the back and it was too new a pump to be perth first.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Large fire henderson

Post by observer »

teztink wrote:
jasonjag wrote:Canningvale FRS, Fremantle 2nd attending some thing at Jandakot Airport.. 1250 Made contact with Tower.

EDIT, CV FRS asked 6AR where the ambulance is, must be a light AC in trouble ? 1300. jj

Caningvale FRS Advise 6AR of Safe landing, no longer required, returning to station 1334 jj

A large fire has been burning for most of day around Henderson, and Secret Harbour, Rockingham Frs, Rocking 2nd , IVC, and Secret Harbour FRS is the Control, several FRS units have been in attendance plus 60 Vollies, Crews asked 6AR requested a Tech to repair some hoses, 1430 jj
Mandurah 2nd joining in SH Fire. 1501 jj

Baldivis 4.4, 2.2 and light tanker requested by Rockingham deputy 1, they already there, lol. Baldivis 4.4 being sent elswhere now. 1600 crews mopping up 1605 jj
Rockingham deputy 1 was mobilised to meet Rockingham 1st at another fire in Baldivis that broke out and he requested that the above listed Baldivis trucks be released from Secret Harbour which was in mopup phase at that point in time. Hope that helps :)
Was that the controlled burn that Baldivis was conducting earlier in the day?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Have noticed alot of smoke in the south eastern hills - has anyone heard or know what it is ??
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

gkoutlis wrote:Have noticed alot of smoke in the south eastern hills - has anyone heard or know what it is ??

http://www.dec.wa.gov.au/component/opti ... view,burn/ perhaps?

I'd suggest the DEC website is a good place to look to see if something is a burn :)
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Thanks fastlane - your my hero :lol: [-o< :lol:
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member