Major structure fires (3rd alarm and above) 2008/2009

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Enviro

Post by Enviro »

Shopping Centre Wembly Downs

All applicance mobile advise centre fully alight

Mobile are

Daglish 1st and 2nd
Osbourne Park
Osbourne Park SET
Claremont
DM Metro

Daglish Arrived 88
Enviro
Please consider the environment
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Did they just call that one in as "fourth alarm" or "false alarm". I thought they then asked for aerial unit, but stood down some ground based appliances.

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

meg wrote:Did they just call that one in as "fourth alarm" or "false alarm". I thought they then asked for aerial unit, but stood down some ground based appliances.
Confirmed it 4th Alarm
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Enviro

Post by Enviro »

Classified as Fourth Alarm, but comm centre though Daglish said Fifth, so Perth 1st stood down, CLP should be mobile soon and ICV is mobile
Enviro
Please consider the environment
eswife

Post by eswife »

Shopping centre is totally destroyed, roof about to collaspe in....
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Perth 1st & CLP arrived

Welshpool 1st en - route,
Scottus

Post by Scottus »

i saw fesa investigation car heading in so i am assuming they think it is arson
media was very interested will be on the new tonight for sure.
:)
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Scottus wrote:i saw fesa investigation car heading in so i am assuming they think it is arson
media was very interested will be on the new tonight for sure.
:)
FIO will turn out to any fire if requested, if cause can't be determined. Just 'coz FIO is there, doesn't mean arson is suspected.
scoreed

Post by scoreed »

just on TEN news...a cafe lounge electrical fault is thought to begun the blaze. over $10mill damage
wascanner

Post by wascanner »

meg wrote:Did they just call that one in as "fourth alarm" or "false alarm". I thought they then asked for aerial unit, but stood down some ground based appliances.
From what i could see from the aeial footage on Ten news CLP1 did turn out but was not in use as it was parked on the other side of the street on which the shopping centre was located.
wascanner

Post by wascanner »

Enviro wrote:Classified as Fourth Alarm, but comm centre though Daglish said Fifth, so Perth 1st stood down, CLP should be mobile soon and ICV is mobile
What was the reason it took so long for the CLP to get to Wembley. Its not that far from Perth. like 8km away. did any of the Perth HPs to link up with the CLP monitor.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

there were two CLPs there... both in use at one point.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

wascanner wrote:
Enviro wrote:Classified as Fourth Alarm, but comm centre though Daglish said Fifth, so Perth 1st stood down, CLP should be mobile soon and ICV is mobile
What was the reason it took so long for the CLP to get to Wembley. Its not that far from Perth. like 8km away. did any of the Perth HPs to link up with the CLP monitor.
It was one of the first appliances on scene.... at approx 0305 it passed the cnr southport / cambridge street
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

The one I saw looked like the TTL - it also was on the radio earlier in the day.
Dazdog221

IGA wemblydown

Post by Dazdog221 »

wemblydown shopping center on fire not much info just that traffic was diverted smoke could be toxic any if any one has any more info plz reply

Thnks
=D