Major structure fires (3rd alarm and above) 2008/2009

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Saw smoke to the east about a half hour ago, but I assumed it was a prescribed burn.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Was working in the Wanneroo area today and i also saw thick black smoke to the east of me, guessed it at about the Jandabup/Gnangara area.
Also saw Joondalup 2.4(emergency conditions)heading south on wanneroo rd in the area just before 1500.

1720: Just heard a wanneroo unit say that they were leaving the incident on Gnangara rd.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

from what i could gather it was a large pile of logs which were burning,i hear malaga pump and tanker and lt2(2.4 must be offline) joondalup 2.4 and pump n tanker and wangara also waneroo 4.4

sai they wer relay pumping and perth ute was turning out to forrestfield to give them 200Ls of BFFF

hope this helps
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

hillary habour. bar120 and pot black had smoke last night.

damage is about $40000
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Leigh wrote:Was working in the Wanneroo area today and i also saw thick black smoke to the east of me, guessed it at about the Jandabup/Gnangara area.
Also saw Joondalup 2.4(emergency conditions)heading south on wanneroo rd in the area just before 1500.

1720: Just heard a wanneroo unit say that they were leaving the incident on Gnangara rd.
Cheers mate.... Just found this on thewest.com.au

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... tID=101613
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

maybe time for a new scrub fire sticky :idea:
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

There's a sticky for major scrub fires at http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4537

Any other scrub fires can go into the other minor incident thread at http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4540
AVBFS
Scanners and Receivers: UBCT9

Post by AVBFS »

just went down the road and seen the old car yard on beufort st mt lawley is on fire.
:mrgreen:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

AVBFS wrote:just went down the road and seen the old car yard on beufort st mt lawley is on fire.
Roger mate any more details and crews off at the area yet?
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Saw
Perth 2nd
Perth 3rd
OPK SET

In forrest chase, guys in BA, walking out from between the commonwealth bank building and City Beach Store
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

AO11912 wrote:Saw
Perth 2nd
Perth 3rd
OPK SET

In forrest chase, guys in BA, walking out from between the commonwealth bank building and City Beach Store
Just heard Perth 3rd saying that it was a DBA valid - and returning to station - so I take it - I was not at the above incident in Mt Lawley.

Meanwhile. Belmont and Kensington turned out to MVA eastbound after tunnel - East Parade off ramp - Belmont arrived 6-6 nil persons trapped no back rq
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

gkoutlis wrote:Meanwhile. Belmont and Kensington turned out to MVA eastbound after tunnel - East Parade off ramp - Belmont arrived 6-6 nil persons trapped no back rq
6DS just notified all crews to avoid Farmer Fwy eastbound past tunnel until further notice "as it is closed and will be for a couple of hours" @2153
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

auntys_eyes wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Meanwhile. Belmont and Kensington turned out to MVA eastbound after tunnel - East Parade off ramp - Belmont arrived 6-6 nil persons trapped no back rq
6DS just notified all crews to avoid Farmer Fwy eastbound past tunnel until further notice "as it is closed and will be for a couple of hours" @2153
Your too good AE ;o)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

AVBFS
Scanners and Receivers: UBCT9

Post by AVBFS »

gkoutlis wrote:
AVBFS wrote:just went down the road and seen the old car yard on beufort st mt lawley is on fire.
Roger mate any more details and crews off at the area yet?
sorry i went back home and me scanner broken its been playing up for awile :(
:mrgreen:
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

3rd alarm structure fire
40 kings pk rd

1655: Fire out, four persons unnaccounted for.

Perth 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Belmont ICV
Ospk SET
Multiple Dms

Fire was in computer room, 3rd floor.
Fireground chan 96.