6IP

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Millsy

6IP

Post by Millsy »

... It appears the 6IP thread has been locked?
so i'll start another.

Does that mean, for us BFS Brigades that are within the Gazetted area, should be calling 6AR on turnout?
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Yes it was locked as the question had been answered.

Yes, if you are in the gazetted METRO fire district, call 6AR. If you are outside of that call 6IP.

Read SOP 8.
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

Does that mean, for us BFS Brigades that are within the Gazetted area, should be calling 6AR on turnout?
Millsy, please correct me if im wrong I didnt think there was many if any bfb stations who's area of responsibility was within the metro gazzetted fire district hence the reason why they use 6IP.
Craig

Post by Craig »

realfirie wrote:
Millsy, please correct me if im wrong I didnt think there was many if any bfb stations who's area of responsibility was within the metro gazzetted fire district hence the reason why they use 6IP.
If a BFB attends a fire within the gazetted fire district, they should use 6AR. For example when a BFB assists a career FRS brigade. Sometimes in summer when 6AR & 6IP have been split you may hear the operator ask BFB's turning out on 6IP to change to 6AR and repeat their turnout message to that operator.
Jonesy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCT9, Tait 2020/8200, GME 80Ch UHF

Post by Jonesy »

Craig wrote:
If a BFB attends a fire within the gazetted fire district, they should use 6AR. For example when a BFB assists a career FRS brigade. Sometimes in summer when 6AR & 6IP have been split you may hear the operator ask BFB's turning out on 6IP to change to 6AR and repeat their turnout message to that operator.
Is that an offical SOP or just something you have heard on the scanner before? It has not appeared in any training I have had so just wondering.

Cheers
Craig

Post by Craig »

Jonesy wrote: Is that an offical SOP or just something you have heard on the scanner before? It has not appeared in any training I have had so just wondering.
I haven't seen it in any training, my comment was just based on the practice we tend to follow. In seasons past the 6AR operator could only see Gazetted Fire District jobs and the 6IP operator could see the rest. So if we were backing up FRS, we would log on with 6AR instead of 6IP.

Disclaimer: I might be wrong, so I don't suggest you change your procedures based on what I say! Keep going the way you are and if the comcen op wants you to change channel, they'll tell you! :)
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

Is that an offical SOP or just something you have heard on the scanner before? It has not appeared in any training I have had so just wondering.
Yes it is Jonesy. SOP 8
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

realfirie wrote:
Yes it is Jonesy. SOP 8
FESA's SOP's only apply to Local Government and their brigades if they choose to adpot them (FYI!)
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

FESA's SOP's only apply to Local Government and their brigades if they choose to adpot them (FYI!)
Fastlane not sure about that one. It is my understanding that bfb brigades are administrated by the local governments but are ultimatly responsible under FESA fire services. Therefore must abide by all relevant SOP's, SAP's etc. If a incident of some sort was to occur, followed by a investigation and it was found that it occurred due to the individual or brigade not following procedures or SOP,s then that person or brigade could be hung out to dry, so to speak
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

never had a problem calling 6IP from baldivis. im assuming thats in the metro coverage aswell as singleton
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

never had a problem calling 6IP from baldivis. im assuming thats in the metro coverage aswell as singleton
I believe that both Baldivis and singleton's primary response area's are both outside the metro gazzetted fire district. You can check this by looking at the ESL boundries in the UBD
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Indeed they both are =] :)
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

Millsy from the information i have infront of me the metro gazzetted fire district boundry runs along Ennis Ave where the ESL boundry goes from cat 1 to cat 3. Therefore this would put baldivis and Singletons areas outside the metro gazzetted fire district. :) :) :wink:
Jonesy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCT9, Tait 2020/8200, GME 80Ch UHF

Post by Jonesy »

realfirie wrote:
Fastlane not sure about that one. It is my understanding that bfb brigades are administrated by the local governments but are ultimatly responsible under FESA fire services. Therefore must abide by all relevant SOP's, SAP's etc. If a incident of some sort was to occur, followed by a investigation and it was found that it occurred due to the individual or brigade not following procedures or SOP,s then that person or brigade could be hung out to dry, so to speak
I have to agree with fastlane on this one. I recently attended a FESA run training course run by a northern district DM along with some other trainers and we got discussing during one of the sessions re SOP's and it was stated that they are set down to local government as a guide only and it is upto the cbfco or equivalent to either adopt in full, in part or not at all for there brigades.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

realfirie wrote:Millsy from the information i have infront of me the metro gazzetted fire district boundry runs along Ennis Ave where the ESL boundry goes from cat 1 to cat 3. Therefore this would put baldivis and Singletons areas outside the metro gazzetted fire district. :) :) :wink:
I hope you noticed Millsy was agreeing with you that they're both outside the district not arguing against.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.