Major Fires 2007/08 (Structural)

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

WPXZBP

Re: Midland Brick fire

Post by WPXZBP »

jasonjag wrote:Large fire at Midland Brick last night, do not know extent of structual damage.
Was it in the kiln?
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Joondalup to Midland, thats a bloody long distance to be away from their station. Would have probs been better to call in some BFS units with BA.

Hey if it was the Kiln, isn't there supposed to be fire there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Helitak_670 wrote:Joondalup to Midland, thats a bloody long distance to be away from their station. Would have probs been better to call in some BFS units with BA.
Think he was talking about Joondalup 2.4. The 2.4's get around all over the place regularly..
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

Yes i was,was pretty crazy they considered sending canningvale's

east swan 2.4 just made up from an incident and asked if they were required but got stood down.
pumps

Post by pumps »

We (East Swan) attended Midland Brick first as Zone 2 Backup to Basso, got released after 10 min to attend a scrubfire, finished at the scrubbo, was busy with lots of calls for 2.4's so i asked wether we were required else where, we werent so we went home. Midland Brick was pretty amazing. Not supposed to say more then that.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

A friendly reminder to all that this thread and the bush/scrub fire thread are for information about active incidents. It is often used by people to find out info as it may be impacting on their homes/worksites and the only internet access they have may be by mobile phone. Please keep your posts to the point about the incident. This saves them needing to download huge amounts of data to get the information they need.

If you have issues to raise about procedures etc or want to chat about the performance of your local footy team then please use a more appropriate thread. Thanks for contributing!
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Helitak_670 wrote:Joondalup to Midland, thats a bloody long distance to be away from their station. Would have probs been better to call in some BFS units with BA.

Hey if it was the Kiln, isn't there supposed to be fire there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
not really 20min drive normal road 13mins lights sirens
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

2nd alarm structure, Labouchere rd Como.
Perth2nd
Kensington
Ospk SET
Perth 3rd also.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Leigh wrote:2nd alarm structure, Labouchere rd Como. Perth2nd, Kensington, Ospk SET, Perth 3rd also.
Old house across the road from the Latter Day Service church.
perthscanner

Post by perthscanner »

26-03-08 1348 HOURS, HOUSE FIRE, LIFE INVOLVEMENT, 30 MODILLION AV, RIVERTON, X HIGH RD, MAP 433 D1, INC 4742
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

perthscanner wrote:26-03-08 1348 HOURS, HOUSE FIRE, LIFE INVOLVEMENT, 30 MODILLION AV, RIVERTON, X HIGH RD, MAP 433 D1, INC 4742
perthscanner - how do you get the info and such for these jobs? Its very handy
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

gkoutlis wrote:
perthscanner wrote:26-03-08 1348 HOURS, HOUSE FIRE, LIFE INVOLVEMENT, 30 MODILLION AV, RIVERTON, X HIGH RD, MAP 433 D1, INC 4742
perthscanner - how do you get the info and such for these jobs? Its very handy
they look like pagers.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Thanks for that :)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
perthscanner

Post by perthscanner »

sure are
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

must have the freq and decoder, there is a mob in NSW that made up a program to decode pager messages