Major Fires 2007/08 (Structural)

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Jared »

bomber wrote:
Jared wrote:House fire cnr coventry X d somethingorother shoalwater. Rockingham 1st, 2nd LT's and tankers have turned up as well as 3rd LT and another tanker which i didnt get its name (Probebly Rockingham 3rd but i dont know)

Probebly around 1300 to 1330. I saw smoke then the sirens so i headed that way. House is pretty much wrecked but as far as i can remember its been abandoned for many many many months.
Jared,

The house was a holiday home and was only used last week. Appliances that attended were Rockingham 1st Pump and LT, Rockingham 2nd HSR, LT and 3rd LT and Hope valley Pump and LT.

House was weatherboard and was going well and could be seen from station upon turning out
Ah well. You know better. I live a few streets away n have passed the house many times before, but never seen anyone in it for years. So i just figured it was left. U guys did a pretty quick job of putting it out. Is there a known ignition source or is that classified info?
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

hey peoples some sad news Belmont and welshpool at a confirmed second alarm structure with a code 90 Not got thoughts go out to the family and the guys there
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Yeah very sad, 3y/o boy.
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

Last edited by firefly.000 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:48 am, edited 8 times in total.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

firefly.000 wrote:Wangarra turned out to a DBA to some kind of laboratory with chemicals on premises, confirmed structure fire enroute, 8-8 on arrival

Perth 1st who were standing by at Malaga mobilised along with Osborne Park SET
Amdel Laboratories http://www.amdel.com/
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Yesterday morning in Victoria Park - 2nd alarm Car fire in Temple Street - with smoke billowing across McMillan Streets and surrounding areas of Albany Hwy.

Perth 1st (i think) turned out as also Belmont - I beleive Kensington were called out to a DBA - hence didn't attend.

JK-403?? Was first to call VKI and call FESA - JC-107 assisted - But not sure what the outcome was - happend around 9am yesterday morning.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Third Alarm Structre Vines Resort 60mtr sq shed half involved trouble getting accses inside just asked for specialast cutting gear
Midland,Wangarra West Swann and perth 3rd as well as SCT
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Now Bassandeen also turning out Also DM Jones and CFM Wanneroo
cat21

Post by cat21 »

They called for an FIO - is that an Investigator?
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

cat21 wrote:They called for an FIO - is that an Investigator?
Yes Fire Investigation Officer. Not sure what the Fire Safety Officers job is though.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Yesterday on my way home, Noticed an older style Osborne Park SET - looked like a Mazda - on its way back to Ozzie Park Station - What happend to their new SET.??
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

The old Nissan/UD SET which was stationed at Perth when there was only one, is the spare truck. Back when the Nissan was Perth SET, the spare was one of the older Acco BA/Hazmat/Salvage Appliances.

It's likely that the Scania was getting serviced, or having some other work done. This is normal practice, the older version of an appliance type being the spare, such as the Aerial Spare being the old TTL, and so on. Fortunately they did decide to spend money on having a spare MP, and the original HP series also had/has an equivalent spare. Unfortunately, there's not enough money to have an up to date spare for all types.

edit:
click for larger image

Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Rockingham 1st 8-8 structure fire safety bay rd? x afon shoalwater hope valley backing up. murdoch SET also. 1 dog and 1 cat removed calling for a vet or RSPCA. 6x6m self contained unit. Rechecking for humans.

Called as suspicious asking for police attendance. No vets or RSPCA available.
Last edited by Toottoot on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Perth ICV now mobile
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Toottoot wrote:Rockingham 1st 8-8 structure fire safety bay rd? x afon shoalwater hope valley backing up. murdoch SET also. 1 dog and 1 cat removed calling for a vet or RSPCA. 6x6m self contained unit. Rechecking for humans.

Called as suspicious asking for police attendance.
house was going well when i saw it.opposite shoalwater shops sounds like a fire bug may be around as rockingham 2nd is at 3 x industrial waste bins just up the road and had just been to a front yard fire also in safety bay.