MVA

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Toottoot
Banned

MVA

Post by Toottoot »

Freo 1st and 2nd in a hurry to a code 90.

Spearwood rd or rockingham rd level crossing. Requested western power and all trains to be stopped.

Confirmed code 90 with chaplain mobilised.

Boomgates destroyed.
Last edited by Toottoot on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Theres already a thread for MVA's under WA Police section.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

What is a code 90?
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

dazla wrote:What is a code 90?

Deceased Person
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: MVA

Post by ZO100_marto »

Toottoot wrote: Confirmed code 90 with chaplain mobilised.
Boy that really gets me cross. Too many times have I seen or heard the FESA chaplain arrive at a 90 on a priority 1.
Driving P1 is not a game, it's dangerous for all on the road and shouldn't be taken lightly. Just look at how strict the police are with allowing cars to drive P2/P1.
BTW this is not a personal swipe at him, it just amazes me how FESA let anyone and everyone in there service slap a light and siren on their car.
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

ZO100_marto wrote:
Boy that really gets me cross. Too many times have I seen or heard the FESA chaplain arrive at a 90 on a priority 1.
Driving P1 is not a game, it's dangerous for all on the road and shouldn't be taken lightly. Just look at how strict the police are with allowing cars to drive P2/P1.
BTW this is not a personal swipe at him, it just amazes me how FESA let anyone and everyone in there service slap a light and siren on their car.
:smt022
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

ZO100_marto wrote:
The chaplain doesn't have a siren in his station wagon as far as I know, so not sure where you're getting this from..
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

^
Well it did about 2 years ago.
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
Enviro

Post by Enviro »

While I've never seen the chaplain with a siren, only a red beacon, I agree there is no need for a priority 1 run for an incident when it is confirmed Code 90. The FESA chaplain has on another hand by getting to a job quickly helped my crew and me when the family has rocked up. I have no idea (or want) on what to say or how to deal with people and tell them that a loved one is deceased.

The most important thing is, the quicker the chaplain get there, he can deal with anyone that requires some counselling and I know that he has food in his car. I know this sound weird but if there is a code 90, I get hungry. (Just my way of dealing and my black humour).

Just another point of view from my experiences.
Enviro
Please consider the environment
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Enviro i agree totaly the last fatal i attended was quite bad and i was glad he was there as for having a siren im preaty possitive as well that he does not have one in his car. ZO100_Marto you my not agree with the way FESA work but having been in the System for a long time i can say it works fine most Volunteer Brigades dont let just anyone drive Firecall <I could be Wrong> but of all the brigades i no FRS must be trained BFS must be approved buy the cheif/captain and most are even putting there drivers through advanced driving courses. im yet to hear of an accident involving a volunteer truck were a member of the public has been hert i have heard of cases involving members of the public failing to give way or worse still tailgating the truck whilst they are under firecall conditions. so please find the current facts out first before posting abiut issues.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Enviro wrote: The most important thing is, the quicker the chaplain get there, he can deal with anyone that requires some counselling and I know that he has food in his car. I know this sound weird but if there is a code 90, I get hungry. (Just my way of dealing and my black humour).

You sold me at FOOD IN THE CAR, bring on the chaplain!!

We love when our welfare van rocks up.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

Enviro wrote:While I've never seen the chaplain with a siren, only a red beacon, I agree there is no need for a priority 1 run for an incident when it is confirmed Code 90. The FESA chaplain has on another hand by getting to a job quickly helped my crew and me when the family has rocked up. I have no idea (or want) on what to say or how to deal with people and tell them that a loved one is deceased.

The most important thing is, the quicker the chaplain get there, he can deal with anyone that requires some counselling and I know that he has food in his car. I know this sound weird but if there is a code 90, I get hungry. (Just my way of dealing and my black humour).

as per the sightings of the past two fires i have been to where the chaplain is involved he has a new rodeo dual cab with a fibreglass canopy and a single led strobe beacon not sure if it has asiren but could be similar to a DM vehicle where it is hidden

also i enjoy the biscuits the chaplian brings:)

chris
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

chrissss wrote:
Enviro wrote:While I've never seen the chaplain with a siren, only a red beacon, I agree there is no need for a priority 1 run for an incident when it is confirmed Code 90. The FESA chaplain has on another hand by getting to a job quickly helped my crew and me when the family has rocked up. I have no idea (or want) on what to say or how to deal with people and tell them that a loved one is deceased.

as per the sightings of the past two fires i have been to where the chaplain is involved he has a new rodeo dual cab with a fibreglass canopy and a single led strobe beacon not sure if it has asiren but could be similar to a DM vehicle where it is hidden

also i enjoy the biscuits the chaplian brings:)

chris
Generally the siren is hidden in a vehicle where there is no suitable mount place, unless he has a roo bar?
Usually under the bonnet by the horn or lower still.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.