Heavy Helitac

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

rich

heavy helitacs

Post by rich »

no not all 7.2 have collar tanks as west swan dont have one and bullsbrook have only 1 with their 2 7.2's
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Hey Buddah Welshpool and daglish do have collar tanks they are in a trailer at the rear of there stationss they only use them were there is a reticulated water supply <Hydrant> as for all the tankers im preaty sure all Serp/Jarr heavy tankers have one each and gosnells and Baldivis
are the only other tanker mounted ones south of the river as for north not sure
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Baldivis 9.2 has a collartank.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Darlington's 2 tanks and Wanneroo's tank are on a trailer and goes out and gets plugged into a hydrant or connected to a pump which is pulling from a hydrant.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Heard a good interview on the radio this morning with one of the Carson pilots. He said that the drop tank holds 3400lts and the aircraft is capable of operating for just over 3 hours at a time but they normally load fuel for 2 - 2.5hrs operations so as to maximise performance and payload. He also said that in one day over the Parkerville fire the aircraft did 90 drops...not a bad days work! Thats 306000lts of water that im sure ground crews were very glad to see...not to mention the loads that the squirrels chucked at the fire.
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

very interesting Always Rx goes to show how stuffed we would be without them we prob would still be chasing that fire
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Re: heavy helitacs

Post by Fastlane »

rich wrote:no not all 7.2 have collar tanks as west swan dont have one and bullsbrook have only 1 with their 2 7.2's
West Swan does not have a 7.2 - it has 'Swan 7.2' on it now and lives elsewhere (Bullsbrook?).
rich

heavy helitac

Post by rich »

you are right fastlane i dont know why i said west swan got muddled up bullsbrook have both 7.2s which one is swan 7.2 and bullsbrook 7.2
swan 7.2 is west swans old one
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

DEC also has brought in the Fire King helicopter managed by FESA to transport crews to and from the fire line for shift changes. The helicopter and transport 14 people at a time. The use of the helicopter will assist in fatigue management and effective operational time on the fire line.

It also will be used for aerial fire fighting if necessary.
from http://www.naturebase.net/content/view/3196/770/
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

at least it being used for what its capable off not just sitting in perth
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

It flew over while we were doing a hose-laying drill today. I was lucky enough to take this picture while it flew to Albany.

Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

Will have to head out to the air strip tomorrow morning and see if it is there!
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Yeah and don't forget to take your zoom lens if you have one. I didn't have time to get mine out and use it... :(
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

didn't need zoom lens...

Few 'Australian' touches on some of the windows too...