Major Fires 2007/08 (Bush/Scrub)

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

3rd alarm structure/bush lakefarm rtt x kingfisher ave ballajura. Heading for whiteman park
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Update on Parkerville issued by fesa

A bush fire is burning in Parkerville between Peartree Lane and Woodlands Road Stoneville. It is heading in a north-east direction towards Stoneville and Mt Helena.

STATUS: Property is under threat in Peartree Lane, Woodlands Road, Wildberry Drive, Stoneville Road, Old Farm Road, Hollett Road and Sundowner Grove.

AREAS UNDER THREAT: Peartree Lane, Woodlands Road, Wildberry Drive, Stoneville Road, Old Farm Road, Hollett Road and Sundowner Grove.
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

Tyranus wrote:
Bobby wrote:Listening to the police channel for the area, they are evacuating houses, setting up road blocks for a fairly big area....
Do you have the frequency??
Yeah it was the Midland channel. But they went to a digital channel.

The Ballajura fire is now on the Midland channel.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

They don't have digital channels yet.
Anon-e-mouse

Post by Anon-e-mouse »

The Ballajura fire is also keeping me awake..

Go Helitacs go!
cat21

Post by cat21 »

I can''t hear them yet....
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

WPXZBP wrote:They don't have digital channels yet.
I was talking about police channels :)
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Parkerville bush fire - Issued: Thursday, 3 January 2008 3:54 PM

A bush fire is burning in Parkerville between Peartree Lane and Woodlands Road Stoneville. It is heading in a north-east direction towards Stoneville and Mt Helena.

STATUS: Property is under threat in Peartree Lane, Woodlands Road, Wildberry Drive, Stoneville Road, Old Farm Road, Hollett Road and Sundowner Grove.

AREAS UNDER THREAT: Peartree Lane, Woodlands Road, Wildberry Drive, Stoneville Road, Old Farm Road, Hollett Road, Sundowner Grove, Kanangra Court, Clutterbuck Close, Tranquil Place, Sunset Way.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I assumed, as this is a FESA thread, you were talking FESA, not WAPol.
Anon-e-mouse

Post by Anon-e-mouse »

Sounds like the fire is heading towards Cullacabardee and it may need to be evac'd
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

WPXZBP wrote:I assumed, as this is a FESA thread, you were talking FESA, not WAPol.
My bad. I thought it relevant to the topic being discussed. :oops:
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

theyve sent appliances from south of river task force all the way down to kwinana.doesnt sound to good still and i think whiteman oark incident is heading to cullacubardee.

chris
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

Anon-e-mouse wrote:Sounds like the fire is heading towards Cullacabardee and it may need to be evac'd
Police have been sent to Cullacabardee to evacuate or attempt to evacuate.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

sounds like there in urgent need of a techie at parkerville with 4 vehicles out of action.
chris
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Bobby wrote:
WPXZBP wrote:I assumed, as this is a FESA thread, you were talking FESA, not WAPol.
My bad. I thought it relevant to the topic being discussed. :oops:
No worries... it's all good.