Volunteer Charged

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Volunteer Charged

Post by wasaint »

Attached is a link to a report that a volunteer Firefighter Has today been charged for deliberatly lighting fires . I hope this does not bring a bad name to all the good volys out there that are there for the right reasons .
please people dont judge everyone buy one persons actions. At the same time guys if you suspect someone dont go telling the hole world about it speak to your senior members or cheifs about it remember slander is a bad thing a proactive approach is far better and achieves a lot more results.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... ntID=49361

Ps excuse my spelling
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

There was already a thread on this.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

wasaint,

He was charged awhile back. He was in court today to defend the charges. pretty stupid excuse for lighting the fires.

Just gives volunteers, the service and the named brigade a bad reputation that is undeserved.
Kombi

Not the first one

Post by Kombi »

bomber wrote:wasaint,

He was charged awhile back. He was in court today to defend the charges. pretty stupid excuse for lighting the fires.

Just gives volunteers, the service and the named brigade a bad reputation that is undeserved.
he is not the first one to do such terrible crimes,,,australia wide,
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

i wonder what volunteer Firefighters would think of him atm...
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

playworth wrote:

i wonder what volunteer Firefighters would think of him atm...
Try not to, everyone at the brigade, is now extra careful, new guys are watched more. I was the only one with a scanner for a while, though now getting a couple of others into it.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

everyone at wanneroo surpport cant believe it as well.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

I doubt he will get into too much trouble.

He is obviously from a well off family who have hired an excellent lawyer to help him out.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

I have a family friend who is a QC. Comes in handy now and again :smt109
Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Jared »

I personally couldnt care less about the kid. Its the unit he came from and the after effects he has left behind is what i feel sorry about. How uptight the managment is going to be, how harsh the recruitment is going to be... :cry:
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Jared i agree fully at the end of the the guy is not the one who will be wearing the uniform in the future , these are the people who will have to deal with the members of the public who will be passing comments left right and centre . even thoguh they had no involvement and are the innocent ones.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Turbo wrote:I have a family friend who is a QC. Comes in handy now and again :smt109
i bet :twisted:
Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Jared »

wasaint - Exactly, the kid is finished in his volunteer BFS-ing or any other FESA agency. He wears that for the rest of his life and he brought it on himself. Its the unit who will be coping all the bad stuff.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

Jared wrote:wasaint - Exactly, the kid is finished in his volunteer BFS-ing or any other FESA agency. He wears that for the rest of his life and he brought it on himself. Its the unit who will be coping all the bad stuff.
how???? they have to move on.. he got is attention. and he fined and charged. how the unit gunnna cope the bad stuff. the unit only heard things that he might be doing it so he can fight fires but seriously they didnt have any proof ...

the kid confess to the fires.in his area and others
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.