Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Always RX

Post by Always RX »

gkoutlis wrote:
lytec wrote:doubt it would be a controlled burn there at this time of the day.Nothing on the DEC website either
Roger that - well Antt said he said a Pump and Light Tanker putting out the middle section of grass/shrub in between Roe hwy - but thats what i was told...
I can confirm this as i drove through there on my way home from work and it was just getting started....reported it to FESA...they had already turned out.
lytec

Post by lytec »

When I went past on the train about 4 it was all over and done with.only small.One thing is for sure is that about 100 meters towards Armadale from there and it would have been right nasty.It was not far from the Kenwick fire earlier this year that was fearce.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Airport Fire Tenders

Post by bomber »

Kombi wrote:
Fastlane wrote:
5001020 wrote: I have worked with the firies from pearce airbase, they turned out one of their appliances to the Bullsbrook fires a few years ago. I still want one of those monitors!
You'll find theres alot of Airforce land around Bullsbrook and surrounds (separate from the base) which they are responsible for..
What do you want? ,,a MONITOR,,or did you mean Monsters,,,meaning those fire tenders, ive got some pictures on Webshots of 2 monsters at Oshkosh.
Transfield have an agreement to let there firies assist in surrounding areas but the condition is that if they have any flying they must be stand bye at the base and wont release them. This happened two weeks ago when bullsbrook were called to a scrubby and asked for transfield to attend. Due to air ops were unable to respond
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

gkoutlis wrote:Courtesy of Antt - Large fire up in Kenwick - possibly controlled burn???? Causing traffic issues on Roe Hwy - East Bound. - Traffic banked back 2-3kms.

Anyone with more info?
was just the median in the middle of the roe highway near kenwick link

ther wer 2 sections burnt both about 30ms long i was drivin dowen there on way hoem from welshpool going west and saw the brunt out section the 2 seconds later im like whoa its burning then maddington wer drivin round in the middle puttin it out in ther lt.
a techie was fixing ther pump

chris
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

chrissss wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Courtesy of Antt - Large fire up in Kenwick - possibly controlled burn???? Causing traffic issues on Roe Hwy - East Bound. - Traffic banked back 2-3kms.

Anyone with more info?

ther wer 2 sections burnt both about 30ms long i was drivin dowen there on way hoem from welshpool going west and saw the brunt out section the 2 seconds later im like whoa its burning then maddington wer drivin round in the middle puttin it out in ther lt.

chris
According to Antt - Yes it was in the middle sections.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

yer wasnt a big fire or nothin but traffic was back for miles probabl due to rubberneckers
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

chrissss wrote:

Anyone with more info?

chris
Can we have that again, but in English this time :wink:
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Airport Fire Tenders

Post by jmmw »

Kombi wrote:
Fastlane wrote:
5001020 wrote: I have worked with the firies from pearce airbase, they turned out one of their appliances to the Bullsbrook fires a few years ago. I still want one of those monitors!
You'll find theres alot of Airforce land around Bullsbrook and surrounds (separate from the base) which they are responsible for..
What do you want? ,,a MONITOR,,or did you mean Monsters,,,meaning those fire tenders, ive got some pictures on Webshots of 2 monsters at Oshkosh.

Sigh moron...
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Was 2nd alarm scrub, welshpool 2nd were required for blacking out due to maddingtons lt breaking down.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Leigh wrote:Was 2nd alarm scrub, welshpool 2nd were required for blacking out due to maddingtons lt breaking down.
Thanks mate - definatley shed some light into it for me - Cheers.

G
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

Detectives have charged a 46 year old man with lighting a bushfire in Estuary Road at Dawesville on Thursday 4 October 2007.

Arson Squad Detectives went to a house at Dawesville on Friday (16 November 2007) and arrested the man following a 12 month investigation into a series of fires in the area that had been lit deliberately,

Police charged the 46 year old man with 1 X Wilfully Lighting a Bushfire and he will appear
in the Mandurah Magistrate's Court tomorrow (Tuesday 20 November 2007).

Detectives are expected to lay further charges against the man at a later date for allegedly lighting other bushfires in the Dawesville area since November 2006.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Very busy right now.

2nd alarm property fire in Greenwood, 3rd alarm scrub fire in Warwick just to mention two...
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

vk6hgr wrote:Very busy right now.

2nd alarm property fire in Greenwood, 3rd alarm scrub fire in Warwick just to mention two...
The 3rd alarm srub fire is at the Warwick open space and did jump the island on Warwick road. It is possible to say that the house fire is a direct result of the scrub fire. I do have pictures if I work out how to post them up I will later.

ADMIN EDIT: Donga has posted his pics here. Thanks!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Thanks to everyone who's posted in this thread.

For the 2007/08 fire season we've split the fires into two categories:

Major Fires 2007/08 (Bush/Scrub) and

Major Fires 2007/08 (Structural)

For those of you who have set email subscriptions so you knew when this thread was updated, don't forget to update your subscriptions to drop this thread and add the two new ones...

Enjoy! :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.