Spearwood firefighters games

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

G15

Post by G15 »

the conversation stalled here now hasnt it ?
G15

Post by G15 »

JG, Chris you two are rather optimistic about this whole winning thing arent you ? i mean you always say "Enjoy it while it lasts, because we are goin to own next year" main words being "going to own" sorry who won this year ? and mandogalup ? and i mean this year it was your own team ? bit sour at the end werent you ? .... well done to all for the results .... haha
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

G15 wrote:JG, Chris you two are rather optimistic about this whole winning thing arent you ? i mean you always say "Enjoy it while it lasts, because we are goin to own next year" main words being "going to own" sorry who won this year ? and mandogalup ? and i mean this year it was your own team ? bit sour at the end werent you ? .... well done to all for the results .... haha
no worries g15
not bad for 1 day of training though.considering our closest competition had been training for 3 months.

also look back through the years on the plaque and you'll see who has won it more then there fair share. :P
G15

Post by G15 »

haha well looking back i only see 2 years that mandogalup have won :) better luck next time... you cant blame your second placing on your "lack of training" as if you had of won it would have been another story altogether haha anyway wanneroo looked impressive on the day and competed well easy.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

G15 wrote: bit sour at the end werent you ?
mate, i think if you were to ask the wanneroo team, i congratulated them many a time on their results and even had a chat with one of the blokes about their preperation for the games and about previous games. I was stoked that we even came away with a medal let alone 2nd overall!

I think you'll find that the blog you are referring too was written after last years game when me and chris felt extremely let down by the brigade by its lack of enthusiasm towards putting in a games team. If you were there, you would have seen me talking to numerous games teams, especially kalamunda and serpi due to bonds formed during last years games from the mix team.

And i think you'll find that a fair majority of the brigades want to win the games, look at wannaroo, they trained hard for 3 months ! You cant say they didnt want to win badly. Plus we have been gracious in defeat compared to previous years. As i said, i was just happy to come back with A medal let alone 4 plus shields.

oh and by the way, training does make a big difference, and to say it doesnt is a bit fool hardy. Just compare cadet teams who had trained to those senior teams who hadnt, and you'll see that they posted better times. If you actually watched wanneroo in their events, you could see how the training had payed off, they worked as a team, they knew what they had to do and how they would do it through games training, and thus why they did so well at smashing everytime there was, its another reason why us and them posted low 4 min times in the structual compared to 7 mins posted by pretty much every other brigade.

Training makes a difference.
G15

Post by G15 »

ahhh ok that was fair long and i think you have to calm down just a little bit ... i never said that doing no training you could win i just said that you would have spoken differently if you had of won and your attitudes had changed when you got to the end and wanneroo had won the call out event also .... easy tiger .... not to mention that you guys did do well, for your "lack of training" ...

i also talked to someone from mandogalup and they seemed very gracious though for the others i cant say much as they never really spoke much

also i was at the last games held at whiteman park thank you not that you would know where i was so that was a rather silly remark. and i saw the teams compete and they all did well yet once again

oh and lastly i was also at this years games FYI so there is no need to say yet another accusation that you have no evidence of yet again .....
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

God, put it back in your pants.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

No Kidding :lol:

And Welcome to the boards.

You seem to be fitting in nicely.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

umm... how does saying "if you were at the games" accuse you of not being at the games ??? And the second part i dont understand. Was this the mandogalup person that a wanneroo team member came up too and said "id be sorry for you guys but im not" remark whilst people were gettin food ?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

There's no point in starting, or prolonging an argument on here.

The rest of us don't want to read it ... really!
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

???? we're not starting an arguement, we are discussing things about the games.
G15

Post by G15 »

easy fastlane if you have something to add then make it topical ? and dont you have a problem getting it out of yours ???

and lets look at the quote ready " if you WERE at the games" WERE .... IF these two words could be used in the same effect as "if you were more gracious in defeat there would not be a (as you say) discussion about it" ro would there i bet i would know what you would be saying " YAY WE WON WE BEAT YOU ALL no wait *owned* you all better luck next time we are better hahahahaha .... would it not ?
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

aint u discussing the same thing over and over again?
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

couldnt really care anymore g15, sorry to burst your "wanneroo is so much better than everyone else" bubble. :roll: quick quick, ring up your brigade and get them to bring down the wanneroo banner for when u get your photos done !!!!
lytec

Post by lytec »

And you kids are off fighting fires sometimes. :o :shock: