Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

they indicate the size of the fire, read this http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=316
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

Star Swamp in Duncraig is alight again :( looks like its a local serial arsonist hope thy find the f****r soon. I remember school excursions to there when i was in and it was a unique wetland in the middle of suberbia. Its a shame to see it getting destroyed :x
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

have heard helitacs, DM Stirling, Duncraig, Wangara, Perth 1st who are there to relieve a station but cant due to fire flaring, Joondallup 2nd lt (there medium must be out of commission)
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

firefly.000 wrote:have heard helitacs, DM Stirling, Duncraig, Wangara, Perth 1st who are there to relieve a station but cant due to fire flaring, Joondallup 2nd lt (there medium must be out of commission)
Bit of an oops. let the ICV and helitacs go, now they've been called back again.
imacop

Post by imacop »

thanks for that JG-103.
gkoutlis

Massive Blaze somewhere in the Hills

Post by gkoutlis »

Hi guys...

From a member of the forum - has advised me - of a Huge blaze burning somewhere in the Hills - either Gooseberry Hill, or Mundaring Weir Rd - Can anyone else confirm?
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

I can see the smoke from work, looks a bit north of Gooseberry Hill (to me) and not far enough up the hill for Mundaring.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

meg wrote:I can see the smoke from work, looks a bit north of Gooseberry Hill (to me) and not far enough up the hill for Mundaring.
Thankyou Meg for the info - any more will be appreciated.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
lytec

Post by lytec »

any idea how big.whos there
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

meg wrote:I can see the smoke from work, looks a bit north of Gooseberry Hill (to me) and not far enough up the hill for Mundaring.
Zig Zag.

Surprised theres anything to burn there.. the whole area is pretty sparse theres been that many fires through there in the years..
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

The smoke has been quite black at times. It doesn't look like your average bushfire smoke to me.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

can anyone shed any light on this incident?
just heard a 3rd alarm being called in

zig zag control and they said 6ip so must be a bfb fire

chris :?:
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

chrissss wrote:can anyone shed any light on this incident?
just heard a 3rd alarm being called in

zig zag control and they said 6ip so must be a bfb fire

chris :?:
Its Kalamunda BFB's ICV. Just 'coz they are using 6IP, doesn't mean its a BFB fire.. (its actually an FRS job by the sounds)
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

well.....ok ther usin 57 due to poor comms still no idea wer this fire is

sum comms support unit just heard

chris
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

chrissss wrote:well.....ok ther usin 57 due to poor comms still no idea wer this fire is

sum comms support unit just heard

chris
SES Comms Support (the OKA).