Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

yeah... wa salvage last year... when i heard welshpool sayin they needed help, they was trying to prevent it from jumping the road... anyways... i got stupid dial up and need to get off... so someone take the reigns.

Belmont icv.. report of running fire heading towards new vehicles complex

hahaha bunnings control

what was that about bins been needed ???
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

ooops yeah, WA Salvage.
Did I just hear them say they are using helitacs??
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

Fire now surrounded.
Some smaller bush fires a result of Bunnings fire, but being taken care of.
Expect to be there another 2-3 hours.
Requesting night shifts to take over.
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

JG-103 wrote:
what was that about bins been needed ???
that was freo turning out with there bulky bin. There are two with one kept at Belmont and the other at Freo

By the sound so of it is thankfully not the actual Bunnings structure but stock outside the store.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

bulky bin = something to decant liquids into?
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

WPXZBP wrote:bulky bin = something to decant liquids into?
Sorry should probably have explained. It is a trailer with a large container (bulky bin) of foam.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

firefly.000 wrote:
Sorry should probably have explained. It is a trailer with a large container (bulky bin) of foam.
I thought they had one at Wangara too?

Remember them bringing one up to Pinjar Power Station for an exercise 3-4 years ago.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

firefly.000 wrote:
That was my first choice but thought "nahhhh... wouldn't be that!" :lol:
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

it was pallets of stock that was burning out in the yard of bunnings storaged yard.
noticed tool boxes and plastic buckets in the area that there was the fire, it was confined when i got there about 1815, with crews packing up.
Noticed Welshpool 1st and 2nd, belmont and a crane that they use to get the fire from above,
Forgot to grab my camera on my way out when got the fire callout otherwise i would have got some good shots as i was close to it all
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

firefly.000 wrote:
thanks for that firefly.

Good sitrep bobby.
Nice job wizzard
lytec

bunnings

Post by lytec »

Anyopne know how this started or did anyone get any pics
wizzard

Re: bunnings

Post by wizzard »

lytec wrote:Anyopne know how this started or did anyone get any pics
be interesting to find out how it started as it was pretty much in the middle of a yard, runnning along a electric fence, and as i was in a hurry to get out of the house, i forgot to grab my camera
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

3rd alarm somewhere near Kwinana, havent heard the exact address. Even Mandogolup has been paged, not yet turned out, so should be a few happy forum members.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

firefly.000 wrote:3rd alarm somewhere near Kwinana, havent heard the exact address. Even Mandogolup has been paged, not yet turned out, so should be a few happy forum members.
I heard it was around Thomas Road, Kwinana end...? Go the Mando boys :lol:
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

The Kwinana incident is at Gentle Road near the Kwinana golf club.It was burning towards Thomas RD. Belmont ICV was mobilised for a time and set up a control point at the corner of Wellard Rd and Gentle Rd. Helitac 668 and 670 were called in and did 3 drops i believe and then stood down. Belmont ICV has stood down and the local boys now have command. There are loads (8+) of LT`s in attendance as well as a few 3.4`s and 4.4`s (yes mando`s too!) . At one stage they were asking for 9.2`s ( Baldivis was one) but these were later disregarded. Level 3 refreshments are in effect and i think its pretty much just in mop up and black out stage now. Fireground channel is 98 and the air attack was done on channel 96. VK102 , VK104 and AV206 were in control of road blocks . Fine work done by all.