Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

kalamunda fire has jumped- schofeild and heartfield
they are gettin a weather update

this will be streching the frs with all these frs brigades goin to other stations...

fremantle 2nd in willeton

EDIT: more lightning around... wannaroo at another big fire with calm but its in mop up stage.

Fremantle 1st covering armadale :shock:

EDIT: couldnt help myself... level 2 refreshments wanted at kalamunda fire (heartfield control) for 60 people and also a "2.4 from anywhere"

EDIT: Kenwick control wants a first aid post, also wants calm informed, wants level 3 refreshments for 120 personell and 2 front end loaders..
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Well that was a biggun' wasnt it. 5th alarm. Dont beleive any houses were taken thankfully. Got crap shots so I dont want to talk about it :evil:
thrill of the Chase

Post by thrill of the Chase »

your back in one piece thats good turbo
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

JG-103 wrote:
EDIT: Kenwick control wants a first aid post, also wants calm informed, wants level 3 refreshments for 120 personell and 2 front end loaders..
Got my wake up call at 0030 to provide first aid at kenwick control for this morning.
just on my way to get post and head there to relieve those there
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Confirmed - Kenwick Fire was started by lightning - Heard this morning something about 100hectars burnt out??
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Bigfella78

Post by Bigfella78 »

Was there well into this morning. a lot of area burnt no houses lost. Was really exciting when the power lines started to fall around our truck. It jumped about 3 roads in about 10 minutes..
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

gkoutlis wrote:Confirmed - Kenwick Fire was started by lightning - Heard this morning something about 100hectars burnt out??
120 hectares they said on 96fm.

Was it all frs or was there some bushies there as well ????
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

JG-103 wrote:
Was it all frs or was there some bushies there as well ????
I think there was a gossy tanker there, but didnt get much on it as i was passing
lytec

Post by lytec »

All the Gosnells appliances were there.The 2.4,7.2 and both light tankers.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

at the kenwick fire the only bfb appliances wer gosnells
the rest wer frs
6ar kept gettin numerous calls and pssing them onto control of houses under threat it was silly coz they wer only callin it 3rd alarm when ther was like 8 frs brigades ther!
everytime a frs brigade finished at an incident they got sent to it lol

heard the whole kalamunda fire the frs vols turned out to a sepoerate call turned out to be a false alarm, until they decided to turn out to the second incident and got kalamunda bfb to turn out too just in case when the frs lt arrived he said 8.8, and ther was fire everywer he was scottish i think, by this stage kalamunda bfb wer on the way and bassendean and midland became mobilised hes like send all the vehivles hear and stuff sounded pretty hektik

also fire in the hills atm kalamunda are ther so is ther icv but its a calm fire

chris
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Big fire west of Pardelup (Plantagenet Shire in which Mount Barker is the major town) - at least Forest Hill BFS (FH 1 and 6 heard), Perrilup 2.4 and Middle Ward 2.4B in attendance. Plantagenet Shire Office also heard.

Ops on local BFS repeater 31 and ch 40 UHF CB.

Update @ 1720: Forest Hill 3.4, Forest Hill 5 & Perrilup 1 heard, Forest Hill 6 seems to be coordinating, dozer has arrived and 2 others will be available, sounds like they had an aircraft operating as a spotter too. Mt Barker VFRS called requesting notice if properties are under threat.

Update @ 1724: Denbarker 3.4 arrived.

Update @ 1720: Now sectorised. Cause most likely to be lightning strike. Apparently there were others in Porongurup, Kendenup and Narrikup all done the same way.

Update @ 1746: Pardelup 1 heard being mentioned.

Update @ 1754: Perrilup 3.4 1 (must have 2 or more) heard being called.

Update @ 1756: Perrilup 3.4 1 might actually be Perrilup 2.4 2. LOL

Update @ 1823: Middle Ward 3.4 heard. Shire 1 and Shire 2 also heard.

Update @ 2246: Sounds as though the fire is within control lines and is being managed appropriately. Some appliances are being released from the incident. Well done to the Bushies - a good job done. :)
Last edited by WPXZBP on Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

WPXZBP wrote:Big fire west of Pardelup (Plantagenet Shire in which Mount Barker is the major town) -
i thought it was out woop woop :)
chrissss wrote:at the kenwick fire the only bfb appliances wer gosnells
the rest wer frs
chris
The news was sayin how tiring the weather is on our fire fighters.. well if they shared the burdon of the bush fires with the bushies then they wouldnt have to do all the work... :? - my 2 cents
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

JG-103 wrote:The news was sayin how tiring the weather is on our fire fighters.. well if they shared the burdon of the bush fires with the bushies then they wouldnt have to do all the work... :? - my 2 cents
Think you'll find they are INCLUDING the bushies in that. I know we were certainly flat out ALL weekend, and all of that was at fires out of our area.. and mainly well inside the gazetted (FRS) fire district.

The fires in Perth are the minority of whats been going on.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

JG-103,

If it helps not even us FRS vollies with a 2.4 and two light tankers can get any of the action either.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

bomber wrote:JG-103,

If it helps not even us FRS vollies with a 2.4 and two light tankers can get any of the action either.
Well least i know its not just a BFB thing :roll: