Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

:cry: hope their ok.It's a sad day when you lose a colegue to injury.specially in the line of work they do. :cry:
DOCKERS for PREMIERS 2008!!
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Fastlane wrote:I guess some good news out of the fire @ Kalamunda.

Police have charged someone with starting it already!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 810176.htm
The should charge him for the replacement of/repairs to the houses destroyed/damaged in the fire. :x
lytec

Post by lytec »

Malaga Lt and pump and Daglish Lt and pump were there to.it certainly was mountain goat country.the house that burnt down was just a pile of tin and a few bricks of foundation.
Bigfella78

Post by Bigfella78 »

At 11:30 last night the house was still smoking and very hot.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

WPXZBP wrote:
Fastlane wrote:I guess some good news out of the fire @ Kalamunda.

Police have charged someone with starting it already!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 810176.htm
The should charge him for the replacement of/repairs to the houses destroyed/damaged in the fire. :x
Well the family who lost their home will probably make a claim on their insurance...

The insurance company will then want to recover its costs somehow - and if this chappie is found guilty, I wonder if the insurers would look in his direction?

(I don't know how these things work, but to me it makes sense that they might ...)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

throw the book at him !
Thats why u leave control burns to the fire brigade.

3rd alarm with extra resources today - Burton rd x Donaldson Kwinana beach
Hope Valley, Rockingham 1st, rockingham 2nd lt and gpa, kwinana townies (vfrs), Mandogalup 3.4 and lt2, Kwinana South 4.4 and lt1

We were there for 6 hours, wasnt much too it, but least we went fire call all the way.
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Believe it or not but the people whose house burnt down didn't have insurance! :smt104
Honestly, I can't believe there are people out there who can actually be that complacent. I don't know what we would've done if we had no insurance when we had our house-fire a few years ago.
><((((º>··`·...·`·...·`··><((((º>
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

JG-103 wrote:throw the book at him !
Don't think it is wise to make much comment on this sort of thing - particularly as it is pending an appearance in court.

I will say this much though - it is prohibited burning in alot of areas now.. not even a fire brigade can do hazard reduction, and on days of VERY HIGH fire danger, its prohibited regardless of who is performing it.. (and no, I wont go into the exception of Fire Weather Officers!).
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Fastlane wrote:
JG-103 wrote:throw the book at him !
Don't think it is wise to make much comment on this sort of thing - particularly as it is pending an appearance in court.

I will say this much though - it is prohibited burning in alot of areas now.. not even a fire brigade can do hazard reduction, and on days of VERY HIGH fire danger, its prohibited regardless of who is performing it.. (and no, I wont go into the exception of Fire Weather Officers!).
Our shire and all shires around it have prohibited burning periods til at least February.
Last edited by WPXZBP on Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rich

major fires

Post by rich »

shire of swan has a total ban from 1st of december until at least the end of march 07 and the last few years has been extended till april
Bigfella78

Post by Bigfella78 »

The house was insured, I work for the company that insures them. One of the other damaged houses didn't have insurance. but they can attempt to recover the cost of their repairs from the guy who started the fire, as will we.

Is it true he may be billed by FESA for the cost of the operation and mop up?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

radiohead wrote:Believe it or not but the people whose house burnt down didn't have insurance! :smt104
Bigfella78 wrote:The house was insured, I work for the company that insures them. One of the other damaged houses didn't have insurance.
Oh dear ...

The number of times you hear on the news about people whose house has been damaged or destroyed by fire and they end the segment with "... and they had no insurance".
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Bigfella78 wrote:
Is it true he may be billed by FESA for the cost of the operation and mop up?
Thats what happened to the guy who let a control burn get out of control on casella pl in wandi, was a 3rd alarm.
Bigfella78

Post by Bigfella78 »

did I hear the helitacs being turned out? Where is the fire?
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I know serpentine have a big fire, but last i heard at the station was that they had it under control, maybe they dont have control of it anymore ???