Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

FlashPoint

Post by FlashPoint »

Im from a dual registered brigade, I find that both FRS and the BFS as a majority are ok, the problem lies when u get really hardcore BFS or FRS members. They tend too be very stuborn and not like dealing with other sides.
Being dual registered i found peoples perspectives change depending what truck I turn out in or what helmet I wear.
FlashPoint
Magic Smoke, Magic Smoke - Ohh it escaped
  ▲
▲ ▲
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

back to major fires
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

FlashPoint wrote:Im from a dual registered brigade, I find that both FRS and the BFS as a majority are ok, the problem lies when u get really hardcore BFS or FRS members. They tend too be very stuborn and not like dealing with other sides.
Being dual registered i found peoples perspectives change depending what truck I turn out in or what helmet I wear.
oh yer
so roley bfs and frs are the same ppl just 2 2.4s 1 rural and 1 urban and sum lts or sumthin??????

u just have different ger??

chris
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

We're dual registered also which in our case means we have a 3.4 U and the structural gear (plus extra training etc). I don't know if that's the same as FlashPoint's brigade.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

oh ok
not sure meg

chris
FlashPoint

Post by FlashPoint »

Meg hit it on the head, Alot more training luckily Roleystone does not have rescue gear.
Level 2 gear has it's advantages, like those 11pm calls where you know it's going too be atleast 4hours before ur deployed from a control point (This happened on the 3/12/06 at Whiteman park).

Roleystone currently has a 2.4 Urban, 2.4 Rural, BFS light tanker and a FRS light tanker for summer only. Also if u meet up with Roleystone we often refer too our 2.4urban as an RTT ( Red Tossers Truck).
Excuse the language :D
FlashPoint
Magic Smoke, Magic Smoke - Ohh it escaped
  ▲
▲ ▲
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Fire at industrial property in Kewdale, looked pretty toxic when I went down Leach Hwy.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

meg wrote:We're dual registered also which in our case means we have a 3.4 U and the structural gear (plus extra training etc). I don't know if that's the same as FlashPoint's brigade.
meg, last I knew your members were dual-registered but not the Brigade itself (same as say, West Swan and Parkerville)??? means your shire still runs the Brigade!

With the likes of Roleystone, alot of politics.. like they cant use the red trucks OUTSIDE the Roleystone townsite without permission etc etc.. Half the appliances owned and run by the shire, half by FESA.. would be a pain in the butt!
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

off topic - fair call :)
Last edited by meg on Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fly_on_the_wall

Post by fly_on_the_wall »

ADMIN EDIT: Please leave the moderating to the moderators or admins. If anyone has a problem with a thread or a post, please raise it with a mod/admin instead of taking matters into your own hands.

Having said that, while the information above about dual-registered brigades is actually very interesting and I enjoyed reading about it, perhaps another thread might have been more appropriate...
fly_on_the_wall

Post by fly_on_the_wall »

fly_on_the_wall wrote:ADMIN EDIT: Please leave the moderating to the moderators or admins. If anyone has a problem with a thread or a post, please raise it with a mod/admin instead of taking matters into your own hands.

Having said that, while the information above about dual-registered brigades is actually very interesting and I enjoyed reading about it, perhaps another thread might have been more appropriate...
MAKE ME A MODERATOR THEN !
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

fly_on_the_wall wrote: MAKE ME A MODERATOR THEN !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

iv already asked if their could be a fesa moderator but the fesa section doesnt get enough traffic for one
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

JG-103 wrote:iv already asked if their could be a fesa moderator but the fesa section doesnt get enough traffic for one
True however that's not a "never ever" either - if the level of traffic warrants a moderator being appointed, and a suitable person can be identified and is willing to take on the role, then who knows what the future holds? :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

I can say from experiance its not a simple role being a mod for these formus. You have to make a lot of judgment calls on how a topic might play out. Sometimes you get it right other times you get it wrong. I also found it hard trying to be mutal and take both sides of a story as often I would agree with one person but could not say that I agreed with them as it could appear as me taking sides.