FESA Information

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

booblar

FESA Information

Post by booblar »

Hey All,

I'm moving out west in Jan from Victoria and seeking some info on some local brigades. Looking at moving to Secret Harbour or Yanchep, can anybody tell me how many calls per year, appliances, training nights etc or give me some "local" info. Also does FESA recognise CFA training as I would hate to have to do it all again.
Last edited by booblar on Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
WPXZBP

Re: FESA Information

Post by WPXZBP »

booblar wrote:Hey All,

I'm moving out west in Jan from Victoria and seeking some info on some local brigades. Looking at moving to Secret Harbour or Yanchep, can anybody tell me how many calls per year, appliances, training nights etc or give me some "local" info. Also does FESA recognise CFA training as I would hate to have to do it all again.

Thanks

Simon
Go to The WA Volunteer Fire & Rescue Services Association website for contact details for the Brigades you want. You can contact them using those numbers. (Click on Brigades on the drop-down box at the bottom of the page to get a list of all Brigades or for the various zones.

Note: I must declare an interest in this situation as I am the webmaster of the Association site.

Contact FESA for whether you can claim RPL for your CFA training. I can't see why they would ask you to train again.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

FESA's new training programs are all aligned to national competencies, so if you have those, it shouldnt be a problem and you shouldnt even have to worry about RPL (Recognised Prior Learning)!

As WPXZBP said, both Yanchep and Secret Harbour have Volunteer FRS Brigades. Just outside those areas, coverage is provided by Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades (contact local council for contact details of those).
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Now that FESA has joined the modern world and is running in line with the rest of the Country, then most of your training should be able to be transferred again. Expect to do some of it again, due to the different gear used, and signals and procedures being different.

I am currently going the other way. Having also trained in the vagaries of training, and the AQF, it is also best if you have copies of all of your certificates, as well as training material - especially those parts which state the 'Outcomes' and/or 'Objectives' of the training you have done. This info is usually contained within the first few pages of training manuals and guides, and will also state where your training fits into the AQF training standards.

I hoe I used the correct terminology, but definitely helps to bring all that paperwork, and talk to a FESA Trainer, or Brigade Training contact - many have been trained on how to handle this.
booblar

Post by booblar »

Thanks guys for your information, contact details will come in handy when I move, provided we all survive the current situation over here at the moment!