Major fires 2006/07

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Fastlane wrote:Looks like fairly healthy debate.. perhaps not in the right place, but its certainly not destructive, abusive or bad? I don't see how trolling about "this is in the wrong place" is adding anything of value?
It adds no more value to this thread than the debate it refers to, but can I suggest you review your use of the word "trolling".
lytec

major fires.

Post by lytec »

Look,all I am saying is that as a Vollie myself I look at the title and keep seeing new replies added to something I have an interest in(MAJOR FIRES) so I jump in only to read about how much better BFB or FRS is and quite frankly I dont think it belongs under MAJOR FIRES.If I wanted to read about how good each section is then I wouldnt look under MAJOR FIRES(but then again I am not the smartest).Also if you think my previous posting added no value then look through the numerous "we are better than you posts" and tell me they do add value to this subject of MAJOR FIRES.Never said it was bad or abusive just not in the right place.I like to keep updated on other Brigade( BFB and FRS and VFRS) activities and a sticky on MAJOR FIRES was a great place to do so.Just a shame it has turned into a cat fight.
chrissss

Re: major fires.

Post by chrissss »

lytec wrote:Look,all I am saying is that as a Vollie myself I look at the title and keep seeing new replies added to something I have an interest in(MAJOR FIRES) so I jump in only to read about how much better BFB or FRS is and quite frankly I dont think it belongs under MAJOR FIRES.If I wanted to read about how good each section is then I wouldnt look under MAJOR FIRES(but then again I am not the smartest).Also if you think my previous posting added no value then look through the numerous "we are better than you posts" and tell me they do add value to this subject of MAJOR FIRES.Never said it was bad or abusive just not in the right place.I like to keep updated on other Brigade( BFB and FRS and VFRS) activities and a sticky on MAJOR FIRES was a great place to do so.Just a shame it has turned into a cat fight.
well said lytec
i agree with you seeing this is the major fires thread not frs vs bfb thread

and also id like to say that wat jg has said hadnt intended on starting this argument
the argument purely stands because ther wer 3 brigades with 3 4 wheel drives in total when in one call to us(closer than rocko 1st) wouldve got that and a 7.2
but it doesnt matter
what is happening to our brigade i believe is getting sorted out i hope but am yet to confirm due to our brigade having bigger issues than this at the moment so we'll sort it out HOPEFULLY, im pretty sure its workin out though coz when sucess has asked for a 2.4 in the last 3 nights when they have had 2nd alarms with additional appliances they have got south coogee 2.4 and a lt wer as every single time they used send canning vale not even look at bushies so i think it may be moving forward

we should maybe keep this topic to major fires and leave our opinions about other brigades eg sledging etc to pm

so yer was up at weaneroo racin my bike and on the way home saw a vehicle coming from lneclin unmarked silver vy going p2 and then turned on scannmer and saw smoke they blocked of some road with up at the end near dizzy lamb park

looked to be a decent size fire i gave way to bullsbrook lt to cross waneroo road as it annoys me when ppl dont give way

anywho
my 2c

chris
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Where did this whole idea that VBFB are better than FRS come from in the first place???

Dont go pointin the finger at me either, all i said is that it would have taken less time for a VBFB to do the job (in my opinion), i never said it was because VBFB are better, in fact i didnt say the reason for it at all,

what i should have added to my initial post was that i think that a VBFB would have did it in less time because they have more vehicles with 4wd capabilities and more water, but i forgot so oh well.

I agree with Kylep.

I also agree that we need to get back on topic of Major Fires,
and agree with chris that any differences need to be done via pm
lytec

Major Fires.

Post by lytec »

So chrissss did you find out what was going on near wanneroo.
firefly.000

Re: Major Fires.

Post by firefly.000 »

lytec wrote:So chrissss did you find out what was going on near wanneroo.
probably would have been the carabooda fire, thats nearby
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Yeah lytec, chris rang me to get me to listen to 6IP because he couldnt pick it up, it was a fire at carabooda, didnt catch the exact location, fastlane should know, all i heard was Carabooda Control asking for level 2 refreshments and 6IP asking Carabooda Control to get DM North East to ring some guy. And also Wanaroo 2.4 and lt gettin released.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Fastlane wrote:
firefly.000 wrote:sounds like carabooda is going, again
more like still..
Was on Wanneroo Road this afternoon heading North when I noticed the smoke from the Carabooda fire. A Bullsbrook light tanker pulled out of Flynn Drive and caught up to and passed me when it goes to a dual carriageway - he was last spotted turning off Wanneroo Road towards the fireground and going past a Police roadblock.

Nice to see the policeman blocking the road at Dizzy Lamb Park (forget the name now) making good use of his afternoon and having fun with a speed gun :)

Coming back down Wanneroo road just after dusk and all the road blocks had gone and there was just a bit of smoke from the fireground...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
lytec

Major Fires

Post by lytec »

Thanks for that guys.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I passed the Carabooda fire on my way back from a training course for work. We were in Gingin - thought it was a bit odd that there was a fire there.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

3rd alarm scrub just called in by East Swan near Red hill, helitaks and other BFB appliances requested. Now upgraded to 4th alarm, jumped Toodyay rd into John Forrest National Pk.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Sounds pretty big, so many brigades goin, dm stirling now turnin out
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

fire in Whiteman Park as well and they've just called for back-up
DOCKERS for PREMIERS 2008!!
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Dm north east is goin to the whiteman park fire, says it seems to be more significant than the red hill fire :shock:
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Anyone got the control channel for the Whiteman Park fire?